By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Congresswoman says US is Arming ISIS, introduces Bill to Stop it

Frankly it's refreshing to hear someone near the top acknowledge this, but at the same time it's concerning that this is even a thing. I won't pretend to understand the complexities surrounding the Middle East but pulling funding sounds like a great place to start.

Around the Network

So that is a whole lot easier said than done. We do not and can not be everywhere in the world but the allies we arm today may become the terrorists of tomorrow... or has everyone forgot where al-Queda really came from.

Its nothing more than a remnant of the cold war. Once again, the US and Russia are causing so much damage to this world through their proxy cold wars.

And they are now doing it again with Syria. The US and Russia owe it to the world to stop being assholes to each other. The world is burning in their wake.

It would not be surprising at all if true, considering how the US armed the mujahideen during the Soviet-Afghan War, backs the highly-repressive Islamist Saudi regime and also supported the Islamization of Pakistan.

Is that really a surprise when the current president is literally the founder of ISIS?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mnementh said:
mrstickball said:
Tulsi Gabbard has a good head on her shoulders. I wish Trump would have picked her for SoS, but hopefully she can keep up the good work in congress.

She's a democrat, very unlikely trump would've picked her.

She may have turned it down as well. Tulsi has principles, why she steepe ddown from DNC after seeing corruption in the primary.  I have said she could be a strong democratic contender in 2020.

Around the Network

The same states that at one point in time provided support to Al-Qada when Obama wasn't the president. Where is the news?

Everyone is crying over Aleppo and no tears are being shed for Yemen. ISIS is horrible but what the US did to Iraq wasn't any better.

Trump openly talks about going to Iraq and steal their oil, that doesn't belong to the US, and no one bats an eye.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud her, but everyone is guilty at this point. 

One way to pacify the insurgent groups/terrorists is to take their money aka the oil so they can not fund their mercenaries anymore. No money - no mercenaries - no war.