By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ARK dev: PS4 Pro performance equal to $900 gaming PC

Pemalite said:
Trunkin said:
Wtf is with that PS4Pro performance? Other games are running at 1800p and arc can only reach 1080!?

Also, he's wrong about that $900 PC. I could buy a gtx 1060 right now for $250 and the total cost of my rig would barely exceed $900, and that's including the $200 I spent on the gtx960 that I currently have.

I can drop a new GPU into my "Last Generation" PC and smash the PS4 Pro into next week for $350 AUD or less. (PS4 pro is $550-$600 AUD).
And still get cheaper games, free online. - And that's Australia, where nothing is cheap. Not even beer.

Yeah, I dunno where this guy is getting his prices from. He dug the whole even deeper by saying you'd have to custom build it with "extreme cost control." lmao

Also, my condolences. I hear you guys get shafted pretty hard on game prices over in Australia.

Around the Network

I wish I could get a notification every time someone starts a thread comparing the PS4 Pro to a PC. They're always good for a quick laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcrotHUVFN0

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I knew it would be a ruler thread since only Ruler and iNathan only make threads like this.

I think I linked enough PC builds in the past to show how false that is but hey look guys! The price is going down with every new thread! Before it was $1000, now its $900! Eventually we will get to the actual price though.

Also

"30-45 FPS for the regular PS4 (which renders ARK’s environment at either at 680p or 720p depending on whether you have “Detailed Graphics” selected)

On the PS4 Pro, 60 FPS at 720p,or 30-60 FPS at 1080p, depending on “Detailed Graphics” setting."

Jesus Christ! How on earth did they manage that? Specially a ps4 pro running at 720p? Wtf

Just goes to show how badly the game runs but sure.

Yeah but PS4 Pro drops in price various times as well, like it did on Cybermonday for $330. I saw it several times for 350€ on Amazon.

And pc parts don't? Lul

Your logic is hilarious, in a sad way. 

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

GarlandSteve74 said:

I wish I could get a notification every time someone starts a thread comparing the PS4 Pro to a PC. They're always good for a quick laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcrotHUVFN0

You want someone to watch a 35 minute video of some guy explaining how PC is better for about a 500$ and all the games he reviewed except last 2 we're not even Patched and the last two games (TitanFall and COD) patched look better on Pro then on that build from what i saw.

I didn't watch the whole video but i think that was a pointles link.

Can we place a moratorium on conversations like this?

Just because Sony made the PS4 Pro, Sony fans don't suddenly need to sing its praises and act like bleeding edge tech is important to them. You like the Sony ecosystem because of its games, not because it rivals a high-end PC experience (it doesn't, by the way).

If you really care about the fastest frame rates, highest resolution, and largest number of customization options, you'd invest in a powerful rig. But you don't. You like the games available on PS4, and wouldn't like them less if they ran at 720p and 30 fps.

Let's just be honest with ourselves.

Around the Network

If you actually do the math he is about right.

I don't consider my 980Ti high end..

so I think he is right.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Radeon RX 480.

Games from a few years back will probably run at 1440p, but new upcoming titles probably wouldn't. maybe max 1080p

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
UnderstatedCornHole said:
PS4 Pro is no match for a GTX 970.
It's R460 which is considerably down the pile.
On the very absolute lower edge of middle range for today's graphics cards and that is being generous.
Researched consensus.

You can build a competing gaming PC for far less than $900 equivalent even here in the UK. I'd say approximately $500-$550 if being extremely selective.

It's not, it's 480 downclocked to 911MHz, so more or less, around 470 performance. Still ludicrous statement about $900, when 480/1060 rig (with OS and gamepad) would cost around $600-$650...and that's not going for cheapest components.

UnderstatedCornHole said:
PS4 Pro is no match for a GTX 970.
It's R460 which is considerably down the pile.

I hope that was a typo, RX460 is a 2.2TF Card.