By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

Sony didn't do that last year either. It released sold-through numbers near the end of November and again after 2015 ended. So there's actually a precedent that goes against your argument. Also, 50 million is a nice even number to brag about a milestone.

Link to the PR for the late november numbers pls. 50m is nice but if they were up for Nov WW they would have said so.

Here's the late November 2015 PR and here's the end of 2015 PR. Also, Sony didn't say the PS4 was up YOY when they released its late November 2015 PR, but it was up YOY over 2014.

My advice to you is to abstain from looking into things way too much. Just wait for all the numbers to come in and then access the situation. Yeah, I know. We are all eager for the numbers, but we need to be patient.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
3sexty said:

Sorry you have not answered the question i asked you. Your thoughts please?

'too many positive sales increase factors on both side of the fence (Particularly sony with pro/vr/slim all aligned at the same time pretty much) that failed to deliver its killer blow just before christmas. So what do you make of that. Sony should have annihilated that month. Tell me why didnt they?' I'll laugh with you when you have a well considered repsonse to this :)  PS I really think people use the lingo or whatever you call it 'LMAO' way to conveniently when they are really annoyed or pissed off...I mean it would just be easier to be honest and tell me that you are annoyed..I would appreciate your honesty.

Cheers mate!

I am annoyed by the lack of common sense. You got me.

But that LMAO was genuine. How can anybody claim doom with one NPD which covers only the US. I find it extremely funny. Do you make these claims everytime a NPD is down YoY? Jan '15 NPD , PS4 down 30%, consoles doomed. Sept '15 NPD, PS4 down 210k, consoles doomed. 

And I have answered your question about Pro, multiple times. Pro increased sales worldwide, PS4 had its best Black Friday week Worldwide ever in the history of Playstation and sold over 50M to consumers and on its way to selling more than last year.

You obviously want to concentrate on one market and one month to help you squash all those puzzle pieces together to make you picture. 

Don't bother, man: just file this under "console warz" or "cherry-picking to the max."

Any chance of getting the full November Vgchartz Number before npd? Or does Vgchartz also have to wait?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Aura7541 said:
jason1637 said:

Link to the PR for the late november numbers pls. 50m is nice but if they were up for Nov WW they would have said so.

Here's the late November 2015 PR and here's the end of 2015 PR. Also, Sony didn't say the PS4 was up YOY when they released its late November 2015 PR, but it was up YOY over 2014.

My advice to you is to abstain from looking into things way too much. Just wait for all the numbers to come in and then access the situation. Yeah, I know. We are all eager for the numbers, but we need to be patient.

The Nov PR was 30.2m as of Nov 22 so the month was not over yet. I'm just saying yo investors saying it was up from last year durung WW would be a great thing. Its weird they focused on BF being up but nothig about the month as a whole.

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

The Nov PR was 30.2m as of Nov 22 so the month was not over yet. I'm just saying yo investors saying it was up from last year durung WW would be a great thing. Its weird they focused on BF being up but nothig about the month as a whole.

Obviously, since I did say late November... Point being, there is a precedent where Sony announces sold-through numbers approximately a month before the end of the year. It is not reasonable to assume that Sony announced the 50 million sold-through milestone about a month before this year ends because the PS4 is down YOY and Sony is damage controlling.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
jason1637 said:

Obviously, since I did say late November... Point being, there is a precedent where Sony announces sold-through numbers approximately a month before the end of the year. It is not reasonable to assume that Sony announced the 50 million sold-through milestone about a month before this year ends because the PS4 is down YOY and Sony is damage controlling.

But why mention having the best BF? If they were up from last year saying they had the best Nov would have been better. 

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

But why mention having the best BF? If they were up from last year saying they had the best Nov would have been better. 

Because the PS4 did...? That's all there is to it. You're looking into things way too much and repeatedly asserting that there's a hidden meaning doesn't bolster your argument. Calm down and wait for Sony to release the end of 2016 sold-through numbers.

Jranation said:
Any chance of getting the full November Vgchartz Number before npd? Or does Vgchartz also have to wait?

Well, we won't get real numbers NPD until Aquamarine decide to give them to us, and it's not before end of january.

So we will probably get the november Vgchartz month complete before that.

jason1637 said:
Kerotan said:

Sony pass by a ton of bragging opportunities.  I guess they're just content with dominating and breaking records.  They were a gracious loser to Nintendo last gen but a gracious winner this gen.  Sony just ooze class.  

Its not just bragging if the PS4 is up YOY in a holiday month they need to let investors know because that's a huge thing. It is probably down but it just had a really good BF.

Lol they told investors all they needed to know a few days before.  50m+ sold through into actual consumer hands.  

Namiirei said:
Jranation said:

Well, we won't get real numbers NPD until Aquamarine decide to give them to us, and it's not before end of january.

So we will probably get the november Vgchartz month complete before that.

Not sure if I should be happy about that or not XD But I guess we will get at least some numbers. 

Or are we going to trust that rumor more than Vgchartz? =D 

Pocky Lover Boy!