By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Have Sony decided to deliver more and more on nostalgia and go back to the basics?

They should, that way maybe we'll finally get a new MediEvil game.

Around the Network

yes they are

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
It is interesting that they are trying to bring back some IPs back into the limelight, though why only give them remake? Why not just go all the way and make new games? Playing old games from back then in a fresh new look is cool, but... I already played those games years ago. Bring them back as something new.

Didnt you say you might rebuy Splatoon again on Switch just because of some cosmetic changes? And now you think Sony should just flat out do something new?

I mean... fair enough. New games are better. But that would also cost a whole lot of money on 3 IPs that are not bankable atm.

I don't mean make new games, but why not do new entrees for those old IPs, or add in some new things? Just bringing them back with updated looks doesn't seem enough, especially for IPs that have been dormant for so long. This doesn't seem like an exciting new way to bring them back.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ljink96 said:
I think they're doing a damn fine job managing their IP at the moment as well as their exclusives. I would say that nostalgia and back to basics are different camps generally but in this case I think they're effectively doing both. Hats off to them.

Pretty much this.

Also some of the remasters that have been appearing as of late arent owned or done by Sony, stuff like Marvel VS Capcom 3 getting a remaster is out of their control (not that anyone is complaining about it), but anyway who cares when they are also putting a lot of NEW games out there, both sequels of old existing franchises like God of War and TLOU Part II too completely new IPs like Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone.

No. At any given time there will be more of this or more of that, and at any given time we can make a thread asking whether where that needle is at the moment can be considered of significance. So again, no.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
Cloudman said:
It is interesting that they are trying to bring back some IPs back into the limelight, though why only give them remake? Why not just go all the way and make new games? Playing old games from back then in a fresh new look is cool, but... I already played those games years ago. Bring them back as something new.

Didnt you say you might rebuy Splatoon again on Switch just because of some cosmetic changes? And now you think Sony should just flat out do something new?

I mean... fair enough. New games are better. But that would also cost a whole lot of money on 3 IPs that are not bankable atm.

konnichiwa said:

It doesn't make me warm, the only remaster I honestly appreciate is FFVII because it looks like they are doing a lot of work on it and oh yeah ratchet and clank but if you compare it with the Crash n sane trilogy wipeout/parappa the latter ones feel cheap.

They could release every few/6 months a collection Ps one edition with 5-10 games on it with trophy support/Exclusive interviews/Exclusive poster and so on....And when you open the physical collectors edition you find that the game box is not a PS4 box but a PS one box.

Im confused. You dont want them to do remasters and just PS1 ports? 

S.Peelman said:
They should, that way maybe we'll finally get a new MediEvil game.

This would be so awesome. Imagine a MediEvil by FromSoftware with the Ratchet engine... 

And we have PS1 Classics already, but to release they as collection on physical media with just trophy support and nothing else wouldn't sell much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:

Cloudman said:

I  don't mean make new games, but why not do new entrees for those old IPs, or add in some new things? Just bringing them back with updated looks doesn't seem enough, especially for IPs that have been dormant for so long. This doesn't seem like an exciting new way to bring them back.

Dont make new games but why not do new entries? Are new entries not new games?

Though it is not just updated graphics they are getting. There are certain additions being made to the games, as light as they may be, to make them improved in other ways. According to PSBlog and Polygon: the DS4 will function as a metronome of sorts to help feel the underlying rhytmn. There is also some enhanced visual feedback. For all we know there are newer games in development but they are still a far way off. All 3 are pretty unique in how they use music (perhaps Parappa less so, Im not sure)

On a side note, Loco Roco footage might be shown this Friday (so hopefully more info there) and I just want to say that I think Sony should really considering cleaning up and releasing KZ Liberation as part of this remaster series. Add 2 player local for 1 PS4, all the chapters in one release, and enhanced MP. That would be sweet.

Well, I mean like a new Parappa, Loco Roco and Patapon. That would be more exciting than bringing back the older ones, but looking nicer. If there are new games in production as well, that would be great too. I just think going straight to the new would have been a more exciting option.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread