By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Sony's focus on games trumped their recent missteps??

Has Sony's focus on games trumped their recent missteps??

Yes, it's all about the games 185 88.52%

No, give me a 4k Blu ray ... 24 11.48%

Total:209
naruball said:

I wonder why people hate delays so much. I have hardly enough time to play half the games I want. How is anyone's life really affected by a delay? Can't you play something in between? Who cares if Uncharted 4 came out in May 2016 instead of sometime in 2015 March 2016. The important thing is, was it good? If yes, then great. If not, then that's a problem.

Whether 2017, 2018 or 2019 turns out to be great, all I know is that these games look very promising. As a ps4 owner, I'm very happy.

Most people dont, they just use it to try to take the piss out of company they dont like when its doing well. IMHO

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Ali_16x said:

lol, you aren't downplaying huh? The Last of Us is still a new IP, just because it was recently announced doesn't mean it's not a new game. A few days ago, it would have still been a new IP. 

The funniest thing I find about this is that you only list the sequels. You're acting like Sony releases nothing but sequels except they've released the most new IPs since FOREVER. 

Days Gone, Detroit, The Last Guardian, Death Stranding, Bloodborne,Horizon, Driveclub,Dreams, Until Dawn, and a bunch of downloadable titles. IPs like Uncharted, inFamous, The Last of Us,and a bunch more I just don't feel like going into which are just from the PS3 era, are not that old. Most of Sony's sequels are not games from 1990-1999 unlike a certain developer I'm sure you know. 

No, it's not a new IP. A sequel can never be considered a new IP... It's already 3 years old, nearing 4...

Death Stranding and Until Dawn aren't made by Sony.

Sony doesn't even have IPs from the 90s that are worth bringing back. And a lot of their games don't even sell all that well in the grand scheme of things. If Sony had any franchises that could easily sell more than 10 million copies with each installment than they'd keep it alive as well. But you know, they don't.

Gran Turismo? So you're either lying or you just spouting ignorance...or trolling

oniyide said:
Alkibiádēs said:

No, it's not a new IP. A sequel can never be considered a new IP... It's already 3 years old, nearing 4...

Sony doesn't even have IPs from the 90s that are worth bringing back. And a lot of their games don't even sell all that well in the grand scheme of things. If Sony had any franchises that could easily sell more than 10 million copies with each installment than they'd keep it alive as well. But you know, they don't.

Gran Turismo? So you're either lying or you just spouting ignorance...or trolling

Latest game sold 5 million copies. And Gran Turismo is a franchise they keep pumping out new games for, proving my point. The PSP version sold even less.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
oniyide said:

Latest game sold 5 million copies. And Gran Turismo is a franchise they keep pumping out new games for, proving my point. The PSP version sold even less.

lmao stop moving goal posts. Thats not what you said. You said they dont have a franchise that could sell that much. So the last one discounts the the FOUR games that sold over a 10 mil? LOL

Alkibiádēs said:
Ali_16x said:

lol, you aren't downplaying huh? The Last of Us is still a new IP, just because it was recently announced doesn't mean it's not a new game. A few days ago, it would have still been a new IP. 

The funniest thing I find about this is that you only list the sequels. You're acting like Sony releases nothing but sequels except they've released the most new IPs since FOREVER. 

Days Gone, Detroit, The Last Guardian, Death Stranding, Bloodborne,Horizon, Driveclub,Dreams, Until Dawn, and a bunch of downloadable titles. IPs like Uncharted, inFamous, The Last of Us,and a bunch more I just don't feel like going into which are just from the PS3 era, are not that old. Most of Sony's sequels are not games from 1990-1999 unlike a certain developer I'm sure you know. 

And more downplaying. Why does it matter that Death Stranding and Until Dawn aren't made by Sony? They're funded and owned by Sony. A bunch of your Nintendo games are made by 3rd parties and I doubt you would downplay your Nintendo list like before on the metacrtic thread. 

10 million? Are you joking or something? You expect every new IP to sell 10 million? Jesus christ, you say some of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Sony likes to give most of the studios creative freedom. That's why most do new IPs unlike most Nintendo studios. They're not developing a mainline Uncharted series anymore because Naughty Dog wants to work on different games and Sony will let them. Sucker Punch is not working on inFamous because they want a new game. Sony funded Resistance so Insomniac could work on a different game. Lmao, I can go on. 

I've seen you downplay Sony in multiple threads just in a couple of days. I can obviously see you're very offended by how well Sony is doing, both in new IPs, how well they're selling (both their games and console), just in general. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:

So...back to your origional point.

Sonys first party new IP for this generation alone outnumber the first pary new IP of Sony and Microsoft combined. So S.T.A.G.E. has a point.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:

And more downplaying. Why does it matter that Death Stranding and Until Dawn aren't made by Sony? They're funded and owned by Sony. A bunch of your Nintendo games are made by 3rd parties and I doubt you would downplay your Nintendo list like before on the metacrtic thread. 

10 million? Are you joking or something? You expect every new IP to sell 10 million? Jesus christ, you say some of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Sony likes to give most of the studios creative freedom. That's why most do new IPs unlike most Nintendo studios. They're not developing a mainline Uncharted series anymore because Naughty Dog wants to work on different games and Sony will let them. Sucker Punch is not working on inFamous because they want a new game. Sony funded Resistance so Insomniac could work on a different game. Lmao, I can go on. 

I've seen you downplay Sony in multiple threads just in a couple of days. I can obviously see you're very offended by how well Sony is doing, both in new IPs, how well they're selling (both their games and console), just in general. 

Sony beating the others and he cant stand it! Its hilarious.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

oniyide said:
Alkibiádēs said:

lmao stop moving goal posts. Thats not what you said. You said they dont have a franchise that could sell that much. So the last one discounts the the FOUR games that sold over a 10 mil? LOL

I'm not moving goalposts, you are. I said Sony doesn't have an IP that sells over 10 million with EACH new installment. The fact that the latest game only sold half of that says enough.

oniyide said:
Ali_16x said:

Funny how Nintendo beating Sony when it comes to handhelds doesn't count, lol.

Moderated for this and other posts - Leadified

Alkibiádēs said:
oniyide said:

Funny how Nintendo beating Sony when it comes to handhelds doesn't count, lol.

we're talking about consoles, but sure you can have that...now what?