By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Expects The Last Guardian to Sell Rather Well

GProgrammer said:
exceeding expectations means nothing from Sony or any Company, eg heres some past exceeding expectations statements

According to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, the Nintendo Wii U has blasted past their pre-order expectations.
So did the Wii U exceeded expectations?

thats not even the worse, heres a Microsoft guy speaking about the cloud and the xbox one

there is the power of the cloud that will match or exceed the expectations that can be delivered on the box.
Years later have we even seen the much hyped 'power of the cloud'

You should really find some examples of Sony saying it and then the product flopping. Can't really compare one company saying it to another.

Around the Network
Vinther1991 said:
I'm not so sure. I think it will struggle to sell a million, it might do 700,000-800,000. I think lukewarm reviews will hurt it's sales. And even if it scores well and sells 1.5 million, it can't be a financial success given it's troubled developement. It's a pitty, because I really think it will be a masterpiece, but reviewers will probably focus more on irrelevant things like dated graphics, sligthly awkward controls and frame-rate drops than the unique atmosphere, great puzzles, gripping story and the emotional experience the game will give you.
It will probably be the last time we will see a game like this again. Pessimistic, I know. On the bright sight, a couple of years ago, I didn't expect this game to ever release, but now it finaly comes.

If the game sells 1.5M, Sony would be making ~$60M off of sales.  Even with the long development time on this, I highly doubt Sony put $60M of investment into the project. Team ICO is a very small team.

I think it will sell very well, and I think it might get none gamers into gaming.

my sister who is not a gamer, likes to fast forward through TV commercials, but when The Last Guardian commercial showed up on TV, she just had to watch it for some reason.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Only game I've pre-ordered twice (had to cancel PS3 one years back to do it again for PS4).

It should. I'm sure it will be a fantastic game.

Around the Network

The return of the King. Games will be viewed as Art once more.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi