By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BOTW @ The Game Awards 2016 Trailer (Switch | Wii U) *UPDATE! 2nd Trailer!

Very heavy on the Ghibli influence.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
curl-6 said:

Or Nintendo are trolling and it's just Zelda. ;)

Given the long blond hair, that would be Zelda alright. If i remember correctly Nintendo ruled out a female link, but maybe a playable Zelda is possible.

It's BOTW's incarnation of Zelda, it's already been said that the is no female Link and that Link himself was just made to be a bit more adrogynous then usual.

Looks absolutely fantastic! Loved everything I saw in the trailer. It also re-confirmed that it will come to Wii U.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I love the music.

A few points to pick up on, might expand on these later (meant to be marking essays currently):
Link fighting side by side with another character. Follower system, or a hint at multiplayer?
Two female figures, presumably significant. Is one Zelda, and another a female Link? Are they both Zelda? Is Zelda playable instead of Link? Did Aonuma lie to us? Multiple playable characters?
Dog!
Link has what looks like the Master Sword, when he's stood on a platform/boat and the bird-creature flies past him. I am assuming you can find and restore the Master Sword. The big question is: is this an essential part of the quest, or optional?
Bird-creature/flying city. Ruto? Ooccoo? New race?
Hyrule Castle Town being destroyed by Calamity Ganon.
The shots in-between in-game footage looks like a close-up of old parchment, or another animal-based paper like material. Is this a prologue telling us about Hyrule? Could be a similar narrative device to the tapestry in Wind Waker, and the cave painting in Skyward Sword.

There's a lot packed in there.

EDIT: The most significant thing I noticed about the Let's Play (apart from disappointing frame rate), was that in order to find the shrine, you needed a clue from an NPC about environmental landmarks. The lack of way-points was encouraging.

Miyamotoo said:

Digital Foundry done some measuring on some Zelda E3 Demo, and performance were 30 fps with drops in demanding scenes

Yep, E3 build have constant drops during fights and bombs explosions, Switch reveal trailer shows that game runs at 15 fps, newest trailer and let's play shows that game runs at ~20 fps approximately. No need to be fortune-teller, Nintendo won't optimize Wii U version of BotW.

Wii U version with cutted U pad functionality and bad optimization will be the worst way to play BotW. Nintendo does it on purpose.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Very heavy on the Ghibli influence.

But I like it.

spurgeonryan said:
It gets less and less realistic every time I see it.

This was on tv?

what do you mean?

Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

Digital Foundry done some measuring on some Zelda E3 Demo, and performance were 30 fps with drops in demanding scenes

Yep, E3 build have constant drops during fights and bombs explosions, Switch reveal trailer shows that game runs at 15 fps, newest trailer and let's play shows that game runs at ~20 fps approximately. No need to be fortune-teller, Nintendo won't optimize Wii U version of BotW.

Wii U version with cutted U pad functionality and bad optimization will be the worst way to play BotW. Nintendo does it on purpose.

You can't really judge on frame rate on video of game that still has months before launch, especially for Switch trailer where Nintendo itself said that people dont need that assume that games are shown on Switch trailer look or run exactly same like on video. Of Course that you don't need to be fortune teller, when Nintendo last time released game that runs at 20 fps, when the last time released 3D Zelda that have bad performance.

No way that in any case Nintendo will make 3D Zelda working at 20 fps or to have bad performances.

Love the trailer, but that demo though..oof. We've definitely seen better from it.

Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

Everyday the same baseless negative coments about things that have never happened, why the hell would they do this on purpose, are you 12 years old or something? And what about waiting to see the final product, don't you realize this game is at least 6-7 months away from release and they are already on the optimization process which is the last thing they do when they are doing a game?? Nah, let's think about the worse possible situation every single time, and once you are wrong (again) let's do the same all over again and forguet that you were wrong dozens of times before, is like your whole reason to exists in this forums is to cry about things that never happen.