By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what's the future of the Toys to Life genre?

Tagged games:

So what's the future of the Toys to Life genre?

Due to less competition, ... 6 15.79%

All of them will grow bac... 1 2.63%

This market is inevitably... 13 34.21%

Only amiibo will stay out... 11 28.95%

I don't care about the g... 7 18.42%

Total:38
Ultrashroomz said:
Nintendo should've released a Toys to Life game when the amiibo craze was on fire, but now it's kinda too late for that.

Actually there´s a free one on their Eshop.... or sort of....... Mini Mario & Friends. The game is only playable with amiibos

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:

Actually there´s a free one on their Eshop.... or sort of....... Mini Mario & Friends. The game is only playable with amiibos

That only supports the Mario amiibo, though.

I mean a game much like Skylanders or Disney Infinity that supports (besides maybe the third party characters) every amiibo, and features an interactive hub and all of that.

It probably would've sold like crazy if they released it back when amiibo were hot items that people were lining up at stores just to get them, but that's not the case anymore.

I dunno, I know I would've gotten a game like that if it were 2015, but now I don't care at all about amiibo anymore.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Kuksenkov said:
I believe the only ones with an extensive amount of characters to make a NFC line of figurines for, are Nickelodeon and Cartoon network. Maybe have someone work on licensed games, but it didn't quite work out for Disney and they have a bigger catalog.

Lego Dimensions has a very impressive range of characters already, surprisingly diverse.  Now that Disney is (at long last) licensing their characters to Lego for the physical sets, it raises the possibility of Disney characters coming to Lego.  The Disney Infinity cancellation happened only a few weeks after the first Disney Lego toys were announced.  So far all the Lego Dimensions characters are squarely aimed at older gamers, playing up the nostalgia factor.  That makes it more appealing to critics, but it'll be hard to capture the Skylanders magic even with a hypothetical infusion of DIsney IP to skew younger.

Amiibo the onyl one that is still alive