By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is this a sign that Final Fantasy is going more western-styled?

"Fast Lane" by Eminem featuring Royce Da 5'9.

FINAL FANTASY XV – Ride Together

Around the Network

God I hope not.If that happens, FF will most likely stop being one of my most favorite franchises...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Kanye West Edition much? :-p

Yeah, the game totally doesn't show that. It needed a trailer with Eminem for that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

LMAO, the marketing of this game has been weird af.

Anyway, i'm still confused why ppl call ff is getting "westernized". Ppl really need to play divinity, Fallout NV, or neverwinter to understand what a wrpg really is. Wrpg has always been abt freedom of choice, and branching storyline. This game tho doesnt have any of that

Around the Network

If Hiroyuki Ito is directing FFXVI (which all rumours say he is) than the direction i say would be more like older games. I hope he is cause he directed the two most praised FF games VI and IX.

think-man said:
If Hiroyuki Ito is directing FFXVI (which all rumours say he is) than the direction i say would be more like older games. I hope he is cause he directed the two most praised FF games VI and IX.

GOD let this be true. Get Nomura's hands completely off the project and let him nowhere near it. Bring it back to fantasy for the love of Christ! 

Final Fantasy likes to explore different approaches and VX definitely does seem to have a western approach to it, though I wouldn't say that is where the series as a whole is heading

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bigtakilla said:
think-man said:

GOD let this be true. Get Nomura's hands completely off the project and let him nowhere near it. Bring it back to fantasy for the love of Christ! 

Nomura wont be anywhere near it because he is busy with FF7 and Kingdom hearts. Plus I believe FFXV would have turned out much better if he was left as director and his original vision wasn;t overruled by SE execs.

think-man said:
bigtakilla said:

Nomura wont be anywhere near it because he is busy with FF7 and Kingdom hearts. Plus I believe FFXV would have turned out much better if he was left as director and his original vision wasn;t overruled by SE execs.

Nevermind my thoughts of what I seen of FFVIIR (not a fan), but he needs to stay focused with Kingdom Hearts. That's the series that compliments his "style", and I love that series from him. When he touches a Final Fantasy these days though (I used these days because he once had his hands on some of my favorite FFs) it comes out a shallow, style over substance mess.