By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your Gaming TV Brand?

What Brand of TV do you own??

Samsung 73 38.22%

Sony 53 27.75%

LG 24 12.57%

Toshiba 2 1.05%

Sharp 5 2.62%

Haier 0 0%

Philips 5 2.62%

Panasonic 11 5.76%

Viera 0 0%

Other 18 9.42%

Total:191

After all this UHD/4K discussion, I was wondering, what kind and brand of TV do you own for your electronic pleasure (hahaha that doesnt sound right).

I had a Sony 46" 3D Full HD 120Hz wich it was nice for the few ps3 3D games that I have. After I moved to my own room, I got a Samsung 60" Smart TV Full HD 240 Hz. Sadly, I was happier with the Sony TV; So today, as my father wanted a TV on his room, I ordered a new Sony 65" Smart TV UHD 960Hz TV, and will gladly give the Samsung to him.

So there, what Kind of TV (720P, FHD or 4k/UHD), size and Brand do you have?

EDIT: Poll is starting to look how I expected to look, with Samsung, Sony and LG leading... but to be honest I didint expect Sony to be below samsung, and didnt expect that many gamers use PC monitors for console gaming. Should have put that option in the poll Xp

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

I like Samsung. They seem to have some of the lowest response times with their 4k TVs as well as great picture quality.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
I like Samsung. They seem to have some of the lowest response times with their 4k TVs as well as great picture quality.

Shyte, silly me, I didint check that little detail before buying the TV :( 

I was sold with just the picture quality, didnt stop to think about the ms response on this one... Hope its not that high. And yeah, for my PC I have Samsung monitors, and they have awesome performance.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

LG #Ultrawide

I got it cheap for $250. It's not huge but its wide.

I used to play games on a 52" 1080p Sharp Aquos from 2006. Gears of war was the first game I played on that, was expensive at that time. Then most of my gaming shifted to a Panasonic 1080p projector on a 92" screen, right until PSVR came out. Since then I've only been playing VR games.

That Sharp tv was rated at 4ms response time, 4K HDR is over 30ms nowadays, progress! It has better black level than my Panny plasma but it did get the notorious banding issues over time. Not visible in video content, very visible in games like Journey with lots of smooth gradients.

The 65" Samsung KS8000 is on sale atm for Black friday at about the same price I paid for that Sharp TV. I would be tempted if it wasn't for VR grabbing all of my attention atm. Best to wait for the HDR goalposts to stop moving first anyway.

Around the Network

Samsung for anything PS3/Xbox 360 era and on and a 28 in, Sanyo CRT for everything prior to that. It's the best of both worlds!

I don't own one but I think Vizio makes some pretty popular gaming TVs. Good blacks, low input lag and almost no motion blur for both their 1080p and 4K sets from reviews I've read recently.

LG or Samsung are the bests.

My past 6 or 7 televisions have been Sony.

I have an LG 55inch OLED. I have yet to see TVs that look as good as LG's OLEDs, they are the gold standard. They're all amazing, and the only TV's that even compete are the absolute top-end offerings from other major manufacturers. In person the only vaguely similar (but seriously, not as good) quality I have seen is the SUHD Quantum Dot stuff Samsung have going on. I know Sony's top end TVs are pretty impressive to.

Unfortunately you pay for the privilege. Manufacturing OLEDs is hard, and LG has the entire market, so they can and do charge a premium. Suffice is to say I will have to hope I keep loving this one for quite a while

Mine is last gen, the ones released in the last few months have a few minor features that mine lacks.

The only two of note are:

- Better brightness
- BOTH standards of HDR, mine only has HD10, not Dolby Vision. This wont matter if Dolby loses the format war, but we wont know that for a year or two.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS