By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

Ruler said:
onionberry said:

what's your point exactly? the ps4 pro has an underpowered cpu and a good rx 480, how is that as good as a $1,000 pc? with $1,000 I can build a pc with a gtx 1070 and run every game at native 4k, or every game at 1080p and 60+fps. I know what you're trying to say, but you should say "the ps4 pro can run this game almost as good as THIS $1,000 pc." Again really good console with some flaws that can be corrected, but let's not put the console right there with $1,000 a pc, cause a $1,000 pc has a lot of variables, thousands, while every ps4 pro have the same specs.

Why shouldnt it be?

because we have the official specs of the console? I really wanna understand but you need to more clear. here, this $1,000 pc destroys the ps4 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221298&cm_re=1070_gtx_pc-_-83-221-298-_-Product

are you trying to say that a ps4 pro is a great console for the price? yeah I agree, are you trying to say that a ps4 pro has the components or it's as good as a $1,000 pc, that's not an opinion, that's just wrong.

Around the Network

Ps4 pro is a beast!

onionberry said:
Ruler said:

Why shouldnt it be?

because we have the official specs of the console? I really wanna understand but you need to more clear. here, this $1,000 pc destroys the ps4 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221298&cm_re=1070_gtx_pc-_-83-221-298-_-Product

are you trying to say that a ps4 pro is a great console for the price? yeah I agree, are you trying to say that a ps4 pro has the components or it's as good as a $1,000 pc, that's not an opinion, that's just wrong.

youre showing a US Only black friday offer, thats a $1300 PC

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It sounds like its just higher resolution than the base ps4 while almost everything else is running on the same settings where as the PC version is running at max... There are a few big settings that the base ps4 uses which are medium in terms of PC settings which doesn't really sound like it has changed on the ps4 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZw7XhRx6A

Where as the video you linked on PC runs everything at Ultra. Also not to mention you don't need a 5820k to run it at max Lmao. Its not a CPU bottleneck cause when you watch the video, the CPU is not even being used much...

So no... You really don't need a $1000 PC...

This video realy doesnt go into detail at which settings the console versions are really running. It only counts view aspects like shadow quality popping up. PC version looks really identical with the PS4 Pro version to me and we know some details got imrpoved on PS4 Pro. The general rule is that most console games run at high PC settings i would say.

Doesn't matter what it looks like to you... You aren't the one doing the analysis. The dude that did the analysis says that those two settings really hit the performance hard which is why the console versions are at medium settings.

And the rule is very game dependent but lets say that Hitman is running at high settings, PC will still run higher at Ultra and perform better even with an i5 + 1060. And that is for the poorly optimized games. For the devs that do a decent job, a PC with an i3 + 1060 should run better than the ps4 pro in most cases such as with Rise of Tomb Raider which DF themselves claim it is one of the best optimized games for the ps4 pro

One way or the other, it should not cost $1000 PC to match the visual quality and performance of a ps4 Pro unless it is a horribly optimized PC game...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Ruler said:

This video realy doesnt go into detail at which settings the console versions are really running. It only counts view aspects like shadow quality popping up. PC version looks really identical with the PS4 Pro version to me and we know some details got imrpoved on PS4 Pro. The general rule is that most console games run at high PC settings i would say.

Doesn't matter what it looks like to you... You aren't the one doing the analysis. The dude that did the analysis says that those two settings really hit the performance hard which is why the console versions are at medium settings.

And the rule is very game dependent but lets say that Hitman is running at high settings, PC will still run higher at Ultra and perform better even with an i5 + 1060. And that is for the poorly optimized games. For the devs that do a decent job, a PC with an i3 + 1060 should run better than the ps4 pro in most cases such as with Rise of Tomb Raider which DF themselves claim it is one of the best optimized games for the ps4 pro

One way or the other, it should not cost $1000 PC to match the visual quality and performance of a ps4 Pro unless it is a horribly optimized PC game...

CPU is important to get a higher framrate, a Corei5 or Corei3 with a GTX1060 will run worse than the Pro

Around the Network
onionberry said:

That is his entire point though. If you've been watching him over the years, you'll see that he tries coming up with threads comparing PC to consoles, but making it out like no matter what the PC build does, it's utrrerly useless. Like how we're not seeing him compare a PS4P vs a 1k build and each angle that has a weakness is simply tossed right back at that 1k PC build.

There will likely be another thread from him in the future based on how PC will be crap versus PS4P or how higher end costs or builds don't matter because cheap price point>everything kind of logic.

Also Yuri's vid and post points out more than what OP was letting on as well if we're to go by that. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ruler said:
onionberry said:

youre showing a US Only black friday offer, thats a $1300 PC

The thing is that you can build that pc with less money, with $800 to be exact. Anyway, most powerful console?,yeah, a high end pc? no way.

comparing to a PC running a budget graphics card isn't going to win you friends.

Ruler said:
Captain_Yuri said:

CPU is important to get a higher framrate, a Corei5 or Corei3 with a GTX1060 will runs worse than the Pro

No it doesn't... Nor do you know what you are talking about. 

Framerate is dependent on where the bottleneck is coming from. In hitman's case, CPU was not the bottleneck from the video you showed, it was the GPU. i3 with hitman will run worse sure, but not an i5

Rise of Tomb Raider for example:

On the Ps4 Pro, it struggles to hit 60 fps on high framerate mode which uses base ps4's setting

Like I said, very game dependent...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:
onionberry said:

That is his entire point though. If you've been watching him over the years, you'll see that he tries coming up with threads comparing PC to consoles, but making it out like no matter what the PC build does, it's utrrerly useless. Like how we're not seeing him compare a PS4P vs a 1k build and each angle that has a weakness is simply tossed right back at that 1k PC build.

There will likely be another thread from him in the future based on how PC will be crap versus PS4P or how higher end costs or builds don't matter because cheap price point>everything kind of logic.

Also Yuri's vid and post points out more than what OP was letting on as well if we're to go by that. 

i am not trying to trash PCs i just want to point our that the PS4 Pro is a good deal for the Hardware you get thats i always have to compare the two. A lot of people think that consoles arent as good in performance/pric ratio like they used to be. But with the PS4 Pro its going back to that direction we had in pervious generations.