By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: "I'd Love to See Mario on Xbox"

I'd rather see Nintendo fade into oblivion than have Mario on Xbox. But that's never gonna happen anyway.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Of course he does. Would give people a really good reason to buy a X1 instead of a PS4.

What's stopping them from buying a Wii U over a PS4 and xb1 right now? Even if you combined xb1 and Wii U sales the PS4 still laps them combined. So I doubt it will change anything in terms of sales if Mario partners with XB1.

gatito said:
I'd rather see Nintendo fade into oblivion than have Mario on Xbox. But that's never gonna happen anyway.

They can always fall back on mobile.

loy310 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Of course he does. Would give people a really good reason to buy a X1 instead of a PS4.

What's stopping them from buying a Wii U over a PS4 and xb1 right now? Even if you combined xb1 and Wii U sales the PS4 still laps them combined. So I doubt it will change anything in terms of sales if Mario partners with XB1.

The starup cost of new hardware (the WiiU itself).

He knows the value of the Nintendo IPs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

And I'd love to be a master jazz pianist.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Ganoncrotch said:
It's rather easy to have Mario games on the original Xbox at least, that beast can emulate all the way to the N64 with ease.

Both XB1 & PS4 are x86.

There are some pretty good pc emulators out there.

I bet you could "hypothetically" get emulation on both systems to work well up to gamecube and some Wii games.

It would take abit of work, and there would probably be legal issues but i think it could be done lol.

I think it will happen in the next few years.

Nintendo and MS will cut a deal with big fat money-bags for Nintendo. Some Nintendo games (of Nintendo's choice) on XBox and Windows PC. Some MS games (like Halo and Banjo) on Switch.

Switch and XBox can co-exist with each other, they're not direct competitors. It'll be like DS and XBox 360 or 3DS and XBox One. 

People can say no all they want, but something is up with these two companies, they are getting very friendly and Minecraft is going to be probably the best selling Western third party game on the Switch. 

Gross. I hope it never happens.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I would be OK with some Nintendo IP on XBox/Windows platforms as long as the deal is very favorable to Nintendo.

If Nintendo was making a clear home-only console then it would be a different story, but Switch is different enough from the XBox that they can co-exist.

Also I'd like to see Halo on Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Brothers and Rare games on Nintendo Virtual Console.

Fuck console wars nonsense, Nintendo isn't even in the console wars anymore really anyway. So who gives a crap about that 3rd grade (my console is better than yours) stuff. Lets collaborate. I'd like to see a Mario game in 4K before 2022, I'd like to be able to play Halo on the go (Switch), I'd like to see Rare games on a Nintendo platform again, maybe not so big of a deal for me, but I imagine there are plenty of kids who'd love Minecraft Amiibo and more Nintendo Minecraft collaborations.

Nintendo/MS are just getting schooled by Sony 3/4 generations anyway, why not work together rather than getting both your asses kicked by the school yard bully as it were.