By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD PS4 vs XB1 2016 Battle

Well, since nobody has said it yet (or OP hasn't noticed that anyone has said it yet): the XB1 numbers in the OP don't add up. The total is 2210k.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Well, since nobody has said it yet (or OP hasn't noticed that anyone has said it yet): the XB1 numbers in the OP don't add up. The total is 2210k.

Thanks. Corrected. Mist have missed one. Just Dictated the numbers to my phone and had it add it up. 

Perhaps the ps4 can catch up in November because of pspro but dec goes to XOne i think.

Overall 300k + for Xone this year! <<< Because of Xbox momentum

That Xbox One S, defiantly game changer because of 4k player.

thismeintiel said:
While Nov may not be as big as a gap as some think, I really can't believe people are thinking it's going to be close. Sony has the Pro, which is doing great on online sites, plus they have a $249 PS4s Bundle, just like MS does. So, it'll basically be a wash for the Slim SKUs, though this is the first time the PS4 has been that cheap, while MS has had firesales that cheap before.

I don't know why people believe that it will be close. The Xbox One S outsold the PS4 by 110-120k in the month of Launch. The Pro has a lot more pre-orders and the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by almost 300k last year.

This year is a weaker one. Sony doesn't has Star Wars or Call of Duty, Microsofft doesn't has something like Fallout.

Gears flopped compared to other games, sold almost half of what Uncharted 4 sold in the USA, who would  predict that. Uncharted is almost  1 year old, won't move units like a launch game.

Sony should make a bundle of IW and  another one of Final Fantasy XV. 

Around the Network
poklane said:

Will the PS4 outsell the Xbox One by 600-700k in the next 2 months in order to increase last year's  total gap ?

Swordmasterman said:

This year is a weaker one. Sony doesn't has Star Wars or Call of Duty, Microsofft doesn't has something like Fallout.

Gears flopped compared to other games, sold almost half of what Uncharted 4 sold in the USA, who would  predict that. Uncharted is almost  1 year old, won't move units like a launch game.

Sony should make a bundle of IW and  another one of Final Fantasy XV. 

At the holidays, its not necesarily games that move units but rather deals. An uncharted 4+ R&C bundle for $250 or IW+Uncharted 4 for $250...etc will push crazy numbers.