By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sega release a sequel to Skies of Arcadia: Legends?

Possible. Then again if they changed too much it would really be a SOA game. I guess I'm just nervous they'd either remove the qualities that made it great (Like airship battles) or it wouldn't meld well with the original storyline.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

i actually had this game for the dreamcast, it was a really great rpg from what i can remember. it also has a very nice difficulty level on it. alsothe boss battles when your on the ship can take particularly long.

but if you can get it i recommend it, it was a very fun game with good characters and interesting little bits to it. finding a crew for your ship was a nice touch

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

i hope so Skies of Arcadia 2 would be perfect for the wii maby we migh hear something about it at e3 i hope

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I really enjoyed Skies of Arcadia when it came out on the Dreamcast and along with Grandia 2 are the only games I continously play on my Dreamcast. If and when there is a sequal or prequel to this game I will definately buy it. Never played it on the Gamecube so I can only recommend the Dreamcast version though I am sure the Port is a great game also.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

Yes and probably a Wii exclusive, to hit up that lacking RPG field. Same reasoning it was on the GC.

Around the Network

Alright, don't watch the video again and pick up the game. Depending on how much you want to do and how you play RPGs, it should last you a little while. I enjoyed it. If a new game is made, I would certainly look into it.

Hopefully this is true. I still haven't been able to pick the Gamecube version up, every time I see it I have no money, and when I do have the cash it's not available.

I have both the DC and Cube versions and love the game.
Sequel rumours have persisted since the DC days and once Sega long before sammy bought and destroyed that company said they would do a sequel IF IT SOLD WELL ENOUGH..well sadly just like the DC game it sold rather poor on GC and they canceled the PS2 port.

Not like the game needs a sequel but fans of the game want one very very badly.
Recent news last year had something saying Sequel was a possibility but nothing said since.

Hopefully something happens but I doubt it will.

Still this was one of the best games Sega made IMO (Shenmue being the best ;) ) def a must buy game

Skies of Arcadia has not gotten a sequel yet due to the game's poor sales

Soriku said:
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2003/031603a.html

As you may have read in the most recent Japandemonium, a sequel to Sega's high-flying RPG Skies of Arcadia is in the works. While being interviewed by Kikizo, Overworks president Noriyoshi Ohba said, "The Skies of Arcadia sequel is in the planning stages at the moment."

For those that don't know, Skies of Arcadia was originally released on the Sega Dreamcast, then slightly modified and ported to the Nintendo GameCube under the name of Skies of Arcadia Legends. Players assume the role of an air pirate named Vyse who ends up in an epic battle against a powerful tyrant, the outcome of which will determine the fate of the word.

No other information on the game was given at the interview. RPGamer will continue to report on this game's details as they emerge.

---

And then just recently they confirmed it again.

Awesome, because if this is indeed true and a reliable source. I will be so excited. I'm definitely planning on buying Skies of Arcadia Legends for the Gamecube, after I beat Luigi's Manison and Starfox Adventures :)