By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Firefox hits 500 million

My Firefox browser is much faster then my IE browser. It has tons of Features that come in handy quite often!

Firefox FTW!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

Opera is much better than Firefox, if you were working with Firefox 2 instead of Opera you were using the inferior browser in almost every way. For all those who think Firefox 3 is going to be better than Opera, you should wait for the final release of 9.5 to compare them.
Firefox hogs too much memory, and it is not nearly as fast as Opera. Firefox 3 is a step in the right direction but still I am a bit skeptical it will be better than Opera.
The add ons in Firefox are quite nice though....

I'm with gorgepir.

Firefox 3 has much reduced memory usage compared with Firefox 2 so neither opera or FF will be better in the memory game. FF runs faster on my PC than Opera and I find Opera quite unwieldy to be honest.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I can somewhat agree with the sentiment of disolitude. I don't do much flash but more dreamweaver to design sites for the medical company I work for: AP Div elements always align differently in firefox and IE.

disolitude - Do they also have you test Safari as well? I normally have to do a run with all three (FF, IE and Safari) before considering something done right.

BTW I favor FF more than IE but that is just my personal choice. I also love Chevrolet and chocolate ice cream.

Around the Network

Bump

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
gomezc said:
I can somewhat agree with the sentiment of disolitude. I don't do much flash but more dreamweaver to design sites for the medical company I work for: AP Div elements always align differently in firefox and IE.

disolitude - Do they also have you test Safari as well? I normally have to do a run with all three (FF, IE and Safari) before considering something done right.

BTW I favor FF more than IE but that is just my personal choice. I also love Chevrolet and chocolate ice cream.

firefox also supports iframes unlike ie

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I read that with both Firefox 3 and 4 they're were making changes and switching to C++ and using different API's, anyone know what that means and how will it affect Firefox?

It seems in the end that the general public, not the courts, deiced the fate of bundled browsers. Netscape (and its variations) may have lost the browser battle, but it certainly looks like it will win the eventual war.

Bump
@Mr. Domino - how will it win the war?