By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fuzzy logic major news story.

I think the "fuzzy logic" is just a little pun of sorts, because the whiskers are like fuzz on the chip. That's just my guess though.

Around the Network

@largedarryl

Basically the article just addresses the discovery, and presents a number of theories as to what generates the phenomena. However it really is just speculation at this point. Given that the United States government uses the same battery of tests on all their chips its obviously not a problem relegated to chips in general. So the question really is what separates the Cell from all other chips that they have tested.

Dodece said:
@largedarryl

Basically the article just addresses the discovery, and presents a number of theories as to what generates the phenomena. However it really is just speculation at this point. Given that the United States government uses the same battery of tests on all their chips its obviously not a problem relegated to chips in general. So the question really is what separates the Cell from all other chips that they have tested.

I wonder if the symmetry of the splinters can add calculation capabilities to the Cell, say enough to add an extra dimension into the mix.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Dodece said:
@largedarryl

I wonder if the symmetry of the splinters can add calculation capabilities to the Cell, say enough to add an extra dimension into the mix.

Well I highly doubt the cell having whisker growth could have any benefit to the cell processor.  The fact that there is whisker growth will only result in component failures.

The symmetrical part of the article is directly related to the scientific applications.  Since the formation is always symmetrical (or basically repeatable or reproducable), in a way that a manufacturing process can utilize the filament growth process.

@Everyone.

Please stop sending me forum mails. There is no way I could possibly answer all of these, and what exactly would be the point. The article is less then two hours from posting. I am just relating what the draft of the article says, and no I am not going to copy paste it in these forums. That would be unethical if not illegal, and no I am not going to mail you a copy in an email.

I am rather pissed already that I am going to miss most of the fun as is. Please stop sending me mail. They all say the same thing, and while I responded to the first few. I am not going to respond to a new mail every three minutes.

Around the Network

Interesting read. Mistakes are the best innovators.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Well the story is out now. You can see it on G4TV for those that are interested just wait till a commercial break it will be in one of those sixty second feeds they have. With commentary from Sony downplaying the effect on the PS3. Basically they are saying it will only effect a small number of systems over the next few years. Which begs the question is that how long your PS3 will survive?

I cannot seem to find it on their official site. Anyone who finds a site with the info please place a link so that everyone can see it.

:-o just saw it on G4TV. You should have seen the face of that PR lady when she heard "military". EDIT- they just replayed the same interview.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yeah the shit is going to hit the fan when everyone picks up on this. I am still trying to find a web page carrying the story. Who else saw the interview?