By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Clarifying the 1.5TFLOPS of the SWITCH for those who just see the numbers.

damn when i saw the title of this thread i thought it was made by the "butt girl", i was wrong :(.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Nice explanation. 😂😂😂

View on YouTube

;)

Good info. I said something similar in a post I made in another thread. More people that see this the better. Don't want people to get their hopes up.

pokoko said:
You know, I assumed this was an OnionBerry thread.

Why would you think that?

AND WHY ARE YOU CLICKING ON ONIONBERRY THREADS?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

All we can really do is wait and see how the games perform.
What I really want to see is Nintendo going the extra mile to please the third party, for a consistent period of time.
I think we will see what is what before 2017 end. The people that has money to spare should buy it day one, sure.
The rest of us, me included, should wait and see, cause the WiiU sure was a deception in many ways.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
What I really want to see is Nintendo going the extra mile to please the third party, for a consistent period of time.
I think we will see what is what before 2017 end. The people that has money to spare should buy it day one, sure.
The rest of us, me included, should wait and see, cause the WiiU sure was a deception in many ways.

I think the 3rd party ship has already left. Sure some developers will make games for it but I don't expect any AAA ports. I expect games support that is that of the 3DS and Wii U combined. Which is fine.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I think the 3rd party ship has already left. Sure some developers will make games for it but I don't expect any AAA ports. I expect games support that is that of the 3DS and Wii U combined. Which is fine.

I know, this is what I am saying about "going the extra mile". I want Nintendo to sit down with these people and, if necessary, beg, co-finance, make a deal of some sorts.

Cause I think lack of third party harmed the WiiU.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Not to mention the FLOPS don't compare. i.e. 1.3 TF XOne vs 1.3TF ARM wouldn't be "equal". XOne would still be more capable.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I'm split now..... do I buy day and hope it's better then Wii u or wait.... but the more who buy day one the more likely we are for third party. It sounds too weak to get third party now.........

vivster said:
OdinHades said:
When it comes to gaming, Teraflops are nothing more than a buzzword, FP16 or not. Just stop caring about that shit so much. It's getting worse than those MHz wars back in the days when AMD ran circles around Intel despite having less of dem MHz. Or how about the famous bit wars. What matters at the end of the day is what's on the screen. Even the Wii U with its 3.5 Nanoflops did some very impressive graphics after all. And then you have a game like Mafia 3 that looks like horseshit but will friggin' destroy your 10 Terfalop Titan X for no appearent reason.

Seriously, just stop it.

I think from all the specs that exist, FLOPS are the most descriptive for power comparison. Because they are a logical combination of the two most important factors in gaming graphics, cores and frequency. It's the best buzzword we have so far. Certainly better than MHz or bits or the worst one of all, RAM.

We should be happy that we're getting ever closer to real world performance.

But i'd say FLOPS give you a ballpark estimate, a rather large one. The best measure of real world performance are literal examples. We know what the Xone and PS4 can do, and until we have a Switch example it will be hard to draw accurate conclusions. Especially since we only have the FLOP number.

Another take on this FLOP topic is how many FLOPS were required for an ARM chip to compare to last gen consoles (230ish FLOPS). 500 or so? And even then it's with environmental assumptions. 

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)