By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima: Nintendo is interested in VR

“VR offers new ways of playing, but that depends on what kind of software can be played. If you ask us whether there are any possibilities, we can’t say no. It may be that we will build VR software titles, I think that opportunity is available to us.”

Kimishima also said the following about Switch:

“One thing we still can’t show is the software lineup. We want people to touch the device in January and experience the software for themselves.”

“What you see in the video, however, is the core product.”

more: http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-talks-a-bit-more-about-switch-and-more-says-nintendo-is-interested-in-vr/

Around the Network

This either means that the Switch HAS SCDs OR that Nintendo won't work in the VR market in the next 5 or so years...

I hope that means they might do a revision (or a sequel) with a higher resolution display and not expecting to give people a VR experience with 720p resolution. Or that they will make titles for other platforms like Gear VR similarly to what they are doing currently with mobile. Cause the VR experience would be terrible at 720p, specially since its not OLED.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Luke888 said:
This either means that the Switch HAS SCDs OR that Nintendo won't work in the VR market in the next 5 or so years...

I think they are working on a cheap solution right now.

As someone who's not interested in VR, I would rather want them to make the Switch successful on its own before experimenting with VR. Priorities, please.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
As someone who's not interested in VR, I would rather want them to make the Switch successful on its own before experimenting with VR. Priorities, please.

I think Nintendo is big enough to have different groups of research and development, probably working on the next version of the switch too.

I think he made it pretty clear that software is their only realistic option.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
I think he made it pretty clear that software is their only realistic option.

well to use the software you need some kind of device right? and they are not going to use playstation vr or oculus.

onionberry said:
Luke888 said:

Virtual Boy 2.0?

LivingMetal said:
onionberry said:

Virtual Boy 2.0?

virtual man