By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (PS4) Shantae: Risky's Revenge & Pirate's Curse Physical versions on Limited Run

Our next two limited edition physical PlayStation 4 releases will be hitting our store this Friday, October 28th at 10AM Eastern Time! The Shantae series is a legendary platform game series developed by WayForward Technologies. The series began in 2002 as one of the final releases on the aging Game Boy Color platform. Launching in the shadow of the Game Boy Advance, Shantae found itself largely ignored at launch but quickly gained a cult following for it's tight gameplay, incredible soundtrack, and expressive art. With a rabid cult following and scarce availability, the original game has gone on to be worth nearly $300 on the secondary market. Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse are the critically acclaimed sequels to the original Shantae. We're incredibly excited to be bringing both of these amazing games to disc for the first time - and just in time for the release of the fourth game in the series, Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero!

https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-24-shantae-riskys-revenge-directors-cut-ps4

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/limited-run-25-shantae-and-the-pirates-curse-ps4

Around the Network

I never expected to see these on PS4. Good games and excited about the 4th entry. Maybe this series can gain some traction as been quality since its inception.

I'm still upset she didn't make it into Sm4sh Bros so I could get her amiibo.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Those games are great! Hopefully they sell decent on PS4, they deserve good sales, especially Pirate's Curse.

Which should I get? havent played any game in the series yet

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Around the Network

I love the metroid+zelda formula of these game, also the amazing expressive art.
But I already have the 3 games on 3DS.

Mines shipping right Now!

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

I really hope those aren't the final boxart for both games. They had much better images they could have used.

Despite that, the Shantae series is a real fun one, so you can't go wrong buying these games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread