By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 15 PS4 Pro support: Don't expect anything radical

I spent 3k$ on an hdr oled tv just to play this game. Dont fail me now, squenix

Around the Network

Basically they're saying it will have a Pro patch at launch but will get a later patch with much better improvements when they've had proper time to work on it.

Never had any expectations except that it will definitely run badly even on PS4 Pro. Gonna find out very soon.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Never had any expectations except that it will definitely run badly even on PS4 Pro. Gonna find out very soon.

Who knows.  It's probably some disclaimer in case some yahoo makes that claim and criticises SE for it.

LivingMetal said:
vivster said:

Who knows.  It's probably some disclaimer in case some yahoo makes that claim and criticises SE for it.

I think they deserve all the criticism they can get if it still runs like shit, no matter if they said it would run better or not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
LivingMetal said:

I think they deserve all the criticism they can get if it still runs like shit, no matter if they said it would run better or not.

This in general I total agree, but I do think FFXV on Pro is looking very nice from what I can tell.  That's not to say that it couldn't look better.

LivingMetal said:
vivster said:

This in general I total agree, but I do think FFXV on Pro is looking very nice from what I can tell.  That's not to say that it couldn't look better.

As fas as I care it could be 480p as long as it has a stable framerate. I'd rather have those scrawny asses I have to stare at for 100h pixelated anyway.

Radek said:
vivster said:

As fas as I care it could be 480p as long as it has a stable framerate. I'd rather have those scrawny asses I have to stare at for 100h pixelated anyway.

I don't think you realize how horrible modern graphically advanced game would look in 480p... That's 5 times less pixels than 1080p. Rougly 409.000 pixels. 

Actually it needs to be even lower. I'm sure at 480p I can still discern between genders.

No surprise here. I wasn't expecting anything more than stable framerate, locked 1080p and HDR for it anyways.

As it stands i just see them channeling all that extra GPU into better AA and then using the cheapest 4k upscale PS4pro has to offer.