By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Expectation from PSX 2016?

From last year...

During a panel at PlayStation Experience Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida explained why there weren’t many big game announcements at the PlayStation Experience keynote.

Yoshida-san mentioned that the expectations of very big hitter was “somewhat wrong.” Since there are events all the way through the year, PlayStation Experience is more of a community event, and t’s a good opportunity to showcase smaller titles and MLB 16: The Show  since the show is in the US,  while bigger titles are brough to E3 and similar shows.

So means this that is better to keep the expectation low for psx 2016? Or could this year be different, because nintendo will release the new system in march 2017, and this would be a good oportunity to show the world 2 or 3 big games before that...?

Around the Network

I don't have big expectations for what they will bring mostly because you don't want to detract from the ridiculously packed first few months of 2017 by hyping up games that won't be around for a year or more. I don't have big expectations, but considering it happens during my birthday weekend, they should do me a solid and bring the hype.

Pfff, Yoshida said that last year, and yet we got Ni No Kuni 2.So i think everything is game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221727&page=6

bookmark because of freeclose. Will proove you im right even if mods cant handle it.

Since they had no PGW conference, I expect PSX to be more PlayStation centered rather than indie like previously.
Also, if we're just going by announcements, PSX last was really good.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

We also kinda got the FF7R announcement, so we can always hope for something big. For a community event, Uncharted 4 DLC and some news about Crash could be great for example!

Yes, I still think that the FF7R announcement was obvious as soon as they trolled us with it at PSX!

Gio Corsi will whip out a Vita for a couple of seconds.

I have faith. It's my last bastion of hope!

-snip-

Alt removed -RavenXtra

I got it! They will obviously announce the remake of Legend of Dragoon.

From first party:
Pixelopus next game, what is supposed to be bigger than last one. They were hiring enviorment artist.
I think Media Molecul might announce Dreams beta date.
Naughty dog will give us U4 dlc date ( I bet on april/may)
One big announcement either from Sony Japan (rumored to have big JRPG in the works. Release dates on games and no new announcements indicates it might be true) or Sucker Punches next game.
They will announce MLB 17 the show and give us a release date( end of march?)
Gameplays from Horizon, Gravity rush, GoW4, GT sport?

Second/Third Party:
Spiderman will definitely be there, hopefully some cool gameplay is shown.
Little gameplay from WILD?
Ace combat 7?
Nier automata and Nioh gameplay?
Some smaller titles.
Also some VR games.

Also maybe rumored Knack 2 :D:D

I know its a lot for a PSX, but without Paris games week and poor showing at Tokyo game show and some criticism for last year show I can see them focusing more to PSX this year. This would leave Sony Japan/Sucker Punch and Naughty dogs next title for next E3.

I am probably wrong and all they will announce is U4 story dlc :)