By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch: Youtube Performance

Is this potentially telling for Nintendo Switch's performance

Yeah, maybe it'll catch fire. 57 66.28%

No, it means absolutely nothing. 10 11.63%

Just numbers bro... 10 11.63%

Switch off the switch rumors 9 10.47%

Total:86

This is just something that I found to be quite interesting and possibly telling for the Switch and how it is being recieved. 

Exhibit A: Zelda: Breath of the Wild has become Nintendo's most viewed video and was Nintendo's most liked video of all time. It garnered more than 150K likes and 9.2 million views since June 16, 2016. 

Exhibit B: Nintendo Switch has become Nintendo's most liked video with over 260K likes and counting, effectively outdoing Breath of the Wild's record within 11 hours of Switch's trailer. Not only this, but as of this comment, Nintendo Switch is the #1 trending video on youtube with 4+ million views. 

Exhibit C: The Nintendo Wii U reveal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg) Has gained 11.4 million views and 42K likes since June 7, 2011. Switch is now at 10.4+ Million views and 340K likes. 

Exhibit D: In comparison to other 1st party hardware developers with recent hardware reveals within the year of 2016, for example the PS4 Pro video by Sony has only recieved 900K views since September 7th, 2016 with only 15K likes. And Scorpio with 3 million views and 25K likes. One S has recieved 10 Million views and also 77k likes since June 13, 2016. I am aware than Sony and Microsoft have many consumers who viewed hardware reveals on other sites...but the thread clearly states Youtube Performance. That's what I'm choosing to compare due to accesibility and since Youtube is such a huge platform, I thought this would be notable.  

Let it be known that I'm a proud owner of a Wii U, PS4 Slim, and now Xbox One S. Not trying to start any silly wars here. I am aware that Nintendo is getting its butt kicked in home console sales compared to PS4 and Xbox One...I know this. I just found it interesting that Switch has gotten this much exposure within 11 hours compared to many other hardware reveals. It seems as if it's being recieved well. Let it be also known that I BELIEVE, this most likely won't  coorelate with Switch's sales in any way. But if you think otherwise, let it be known. 

So what do you guys think, is this potentially telling for Nintendo Switch's performance? Discuss, if you're not sick of Switch threads. 

Around the Network

No. This trailer was released on Nintendo's youtube channel. The PS4 E3 reveal on the PS's channel only has 2M views. Why? Because people watched on so many other sites or on the livestreams from multiple sites.

The way both Zelda and Switch has been revealed has been appealing and that's basically what it comes down to, Zelda looks to be unlike any game around with the prospect of absolute freedom while NS is unlike any system around with its customizable approach to the traditional gaming experience. The may be questions but overall they managed them well so far hopefully that carries on throughout gen 9.

Lawlight said:
No. This trailer was released on Nintendo's youtube channel. The PS4 E3 reveal on the PS's channel only has 2M views. Why? Because people watched on so many other sites or on the livestreams from multiple sites.

Fair enough, but as the thread implies, it's youtube performance. And it's not so much about Sony or Microsoft, I thought I would just add that in for comparison's sake. I guess I should take that out before a war happens.

We'll see if it means anything at all in a few months. I'm kind of interested to see how "Likes" equate to sales.

Around the Network

If you really want to compare with something more accurate it would be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QhUL8NUK4

This was the first look at the PS4. It was also shown on many live streams so those views aren't counted.

Switch could get there I guess.

Doesn't mean much to be honest

Sales will be the determination point

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Boutros said:

If you really want to compare with something more accurate it would be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QhUL8NUK4

This was the first look at the PS4. It was also shown on many live streams so those views aren't counted.

Switch could get there I guess.

I'm comparing the newest hardware reveals. And again, this isn't so much about PS4 and Xbone as it is comparing Switch and Wii U. 

Platina said:
Doesn't mean much to be honest

Sales will be the determination point

To be quite fair, Youtube is an amazing marketing tool. Marketing is supposed to increase awarness of a product so consumers buy said product. Theoretically, this exposure should reflect positively on Switch's sales. 

The fact that people want to watch the Switch vid in such huge numbers is very good. People giving so many likes to the Switch vid shows that Nintendo is about to become the mythical phoenix and set the world on fire. EDIT: Its at 270 likes now.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969