By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the NX games be ported to the WiiU?

Why? oh god no, i think after Zelda (and how ironic!) nintendo will just pretend the Wii U didn't exist

Around the Network

Why would they!? Wii U is dead and soon will be discounted.

Nope. Nintendo wants to replace the WiiU. They may have enough hope on the 3DS to leave it alive as a budget option, but the WiiU? That system has been holding Nintendo back since it launched, and I'm sure they are really glad they are going to replace it soon.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

JRPGfan said:

No too much work.

Wii U = old impossible to code for CPU (IBM arch) + old AMD GPU arch.

Nintendo Switch = Arm cpu arch + Nvidia gpu arch.

PowerPC is NOT more difficult to code for than ARM

JRPGfan said:
Mar1217 said:
I'll wait official Nintendo words on this matter. But recent rumors say that the dock does provide extra performance, upscalling it to 1080p on your tv when in dock mode

Thats a rumor.

Nintendo themselves have actually said it doesnt, give any extra performance.

We have a thread about it called "Nintendo: Switch dock only for charging and TV-out".

I have a feeling that there will additional hardware with improved rendering capacities in the future.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

It doesn't look so good for WiiU owners unless they want their games on the go...

So confirmed the Switch in mobile mode is pretty much a WiiU...

numberwang said:
So confirmed the Switch in mobile mode is pretty much a WiiU...

Your point?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

This thread (and its bump) is hilarious.

Other than that, no, the only Switch game that will later release in WiiU will be Zelda (hopefully)