By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro Can Run At 8.4tf (Eurogamer)

Pemalite said:

Did you read the Paragraph just before that one? They were quoting Cerny and basing the following Paragraph on his thoughts from the one prior, they even started the new Paragraph recognizing that when they state "He's not exaggerating here either".
Cerny quotes are all through the Article.

The Regular PS4 was capable of native 4k thanks to it's HDMI 1.4 interface, albeit limited to 30hz.
Doesn't mean AAA games will be rendered at that resolution, the Playstation 4 Pro simply doesn't have the hardware capability to achieve it.
I doubt even Scorpio will, but I'll wait and see how that plays out.

Just admit you're mistaken and stop this silliness.

"He's not exaggerating here either. In a demo this week, he pulled up a scene in Days Gone on two separate Pros and 4K televisions, one of them natively rendered and the other checkerboard upscaled. The images were nearly indistinguishable: The native game was slightly more saturated and the textures in the grass were clearly resolved while the checkerboard grass shimmered slightly in the breeze. However, from three or four feet away, it was nigh impossible to see a difference."

It's not based on what Cerny said it's based on what they actually saw 'themselves'.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

"He's not exaggerating here either. In a demo this week, he pulled up a scene in Days Gone on two separate Pros and 4K televisions, one of them natively rendered and the other checkerboard upscaled. The images were nearly indistinguishable: The native game was slightly more saturated and the textures in the grass were clearly resolved while the checkerboard grass shimmered slightly in the breeze. However, from three or four feet away, it was nigh impossible to see a difference."

It's not based on what Cerny said it's based on what they actually saw 'themselves'.

What a load of rubbish. The entire Article is based on what Cerny has stated. The Article is litterly littered with his name.

I have taken print screens of every paragraph that mentions and quotes Cerny. And even the tidbit that this was an interview with Cerny.

I think that pretty much prooves my point.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

All that proves is you're incapable of admitting you're wrong and are prepared to ignore grammar and context in order to cover it up. This is Engadget saying this having watched a demo:

This is the last time I'll ever converse with you.

The PS5 Exists. 

Pemalite said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What a load of rubbish. The entire Article is based on what Cerny has stated. The Article is litterly littered with his name.

I have taken print screens of every paragraph that mentions and quotes Cerny. And even the tidbit that this was an interview with Cerny.

I think that pretty much prooves my point.

Very good text and thanks for posting, but there is no direct quote and a lot of it seems like first hand impression.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Very good text and thanks for posting, but there is no direct quote and a lot of it seems like first hand impression.

Why are you even engaging in that flim-flam? It doesn't matter about quotes. Are you telling me you can't tell by this that it's Engadget talking about what they actually saw? Really? REALLY? How much clearer can it be?

He's not exaggerating here either. In a demo this week, he pulled up a scene in Days Gone on two separate Pros and 4K televisions, one of them natively rendered and the other checkerboard upscaled. The images were nearly indistinguishable: The native game was slightly more saturated and the textures in the grass were clearly resolved while the checkerboard grass shimmered slightly in the breeze. However, from three or four feet away, it was nigh impossible to see a difference.

In what universe does that look like reporting on what Cerny said? In what universe does this grammar describe anything but a personal experience of a demo? The God damn paragraph starts with 'he's not exaggerating' meaning what Cerny said rung true when they were shown a demo. It's insanity to try and say this isn't Engadgets opinion.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
DonFerrari said:

Why are you even engaging in that flim-flam? It doesn't matter about quotes. Are you telling me you can't tell by this that it's Engadget talking about what they actually saw? Really? REALLY? How much clearer can it be?

He's not exaggerating here either. In a demo this week, he pulled up a scene in Days Gone on two separate Pros and 4K televisions, one of them natively rendered and the other checkerboard upscaled. The images were nearly indistinguishable: The native game was slightly more saturated and the textures in the grass were clearly resolved while the checkerboard grass shimmered slightly in the breeze. However, from three or four feet away, it was nigh impossible to see a difference.

In what universe does that look like reporting on what Cerny said? In what universe does this grammar describe anything but a personal experience of a demo? The God damn paragraph starts with 'he's not exaggerating' meaning what Cerny said rung true when they were shown a demo. It's insanity to try and say this isn't Engadgets opinion.

Unless I'm crazy I have agreed with you

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pemalite said:
Hynad said:

This isn't a quote from Cerny: 

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/20/ps4-pro-mark-cerny-interview-hardware/

Did you bother to read the article? =P

Did you read the Paragraph just before that one? They were quoting Cerny and basing the following Paragraph on his thoughts from the one prior, they even started the new Paragraph recognizing that when they state "He's not exaggerating here either".

What the heck Pemalite. You can't be serious.

This is basic reading comprehension 101. -__-

Pemalite said:
Hynad said:

This isn't a quote from Cerny: 

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/20/ps4-pro-mark-cerny-interview-hardware/

Did you bother to read the article? =P

GribbleGrunger said:

It was Engadget saying that. And the Pro is capable of native 4K.

The Regular PS4 was capable of native 4k thanks to it's HDMI 1.4 interface, albeit limited to 30hz.
Doesn't mean AAA games will be rendered at that resolution, the Playstation 4 Pro simply doesn't have the hardware capability to achieve it.
I doubt even Scorpio will, but I'll wait and see how that plays out.

What is your point?

As a hardware enthusiast you would think you'd be enthused about what they accomplished for the price.  Same goes for Nintendo if it is priced right we might be seeing quite a powerful device for a mobile/hybrid device. 

If Nintendo pulls off a good price point and is indeed packing latest nvidia mobile tech, it and the pro will be very impressive hardware for their respective prices. I guess I don't understand the point of popping in every one of their threads to repeat they're weak.  

It may come as a surprise but the Scorpio's power will be limited to its end user price as well.  It won't be the most powerful device ever created but depending on the tech available to them and what MS engineers pull off it will likely be impressive power when considering its end user price just the same as Sony/Nintendo. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

GribbleGrunger said:

All that proves is you're incapable of admitting you're wrong and are prepared to ignore grammar and context in order to cover it up. This is Engadget saying this having watched a demo:

"He's not exaggerating here either. In a demo this week, he pulled up a scene in Days Gone on two separate Pros and 4K televisions, one of them natively rendered and the other checkerboard upscaled. The images were nearly indistinguishable: The native game was slightly more saturated and the textures in the grass were clearly resolved while the checkerboard grass shimmered slightly in the breeze. However, from three or four feet away, it was nigh impossible to see a difference.

I can admit if I am wrong. Just not in this instance.

Half that Paragraph you have quoted they are talking about their observation of Cerny.
Here. Let me help you by dumbing it down some more to the minimum.

GribbleGrunger said:

"He's not exaggerating here either. In a demo this week, he pulled up a scene in Days Gone on two separate Pros and 4K televisions, one of them natively rendered and the other checkerboard upscaled.

But you need to read the prior paragraph to get the proper context of course, which you failed to do. So allow me to assist you there as well.

Checkerboard rendering changes the shape of pixels; they're no longer square. Instead, this process relies on delineated horizontal rectangles that each include one color, one Z value and one ID buffer (the building blocks of game graphics). Using data from previous frames to fill in information gaps, checkerboard rendering enables developers to build a more complete, crisp image that, according to Cerny, is nearly identical to native 4K.

Still. You are missing the entire bloody point.
And this will be the last time I repeat myself on this matter, Cerny pushes this kind of Rhetoric because he has a financial incentive to do so, the entire Article is built around Cerny's statements and what Eurogamer observed Cerny doing. - If you somehow disagree with that. Then who am I to argue?

GribbleGrunger said:

This is the last time I'll ever converse with you.

Sure. Whatever floats your boat, I certainly wont loose any sleep over it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Can we get a video with Cerny explaining his new baby?

Not really interested in the details but could come in handy when I have my next panic attack, and I'll need a soothing voice.