By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So when do you think developers will start announcing games for the Nintendo Switch?

Something that i've been curious about with the Nintendo Switch is how third party games are being announced for it, as in are developers even allowed to reveal that they're working on it or not. I think it was assumed that everything was under strict NDA back when it was still known as the NX and that many third party developers couldn't even disclose if they were working on anything for it yet, but then a few games actually got announced for it such as Sonic 2017, Just Dance 2017, and more a while back. 

Now that the Nintendo Switch has officially been revealed, do you think this opens the gates for developers to start publicly announcing if they're working on games for it and what games those specifically may be? Or do you think Nintendo still wants them to remain silent until they have a proper event for the system. If it does open that type of discussion, how long do you think it will be before developers start announcing games for the system.

I'm also curious as to why some other developers were able to announce games for it when it was still known as the NX a while back, were they not allowed to and just did it anyway or did Nintendo give them special permission? 

Around the Network

Probably they can right now, but maybe they'll wait for some sort of event. A 3rd party-focused Direct would make them happy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Probably next friday, since its my birthday.

Hopefully soon. The more games announced, the more hype there shall be

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Very soon. Some have already teased their games.

Seeing NBA 2K(insertnumber) made me happy. Hopefully we start getting more 2k games on Nintendo again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Anytime they want really

Hopefully we get some new announcements

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]