By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

thismeintiel said:

Yep.  If the gap is similar to the last time it was said to be close, ~10K, it'll only take the XBO ~140 months, or ~11 1/2 years to pass the PS4.  So close. 

Glad you agree that there's a chance, then.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Well, that's interesting. Maybe there's a chance of Xbox One to reclame the America sales over PS4 if it somehow manages to keep this small but steady flow.

At the rate it's going it'll only take about 6 years...

FIT_Gamer said:
Wright said:

Well, that's interesting. Maybe there's a chance of Xbox One to reclame the America sales over PS4 if it somehow manages to keep this small but steady flow.

Well it took 7 or 8 for PS3 to overtake Xbox 360, and a new gen was already in motion when it happened. We only have to be patient, no?

Wright said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Well it took 7 or 8 for PS3 to overtake Xbox 360, and a new gen was already in motion when it happened. We only have to be patient, no?

That was WW though, not just the US. It would take that long for them to take just one region.

FIT_Gamer said:
Wright said:

That was WW though, not just the US. It would take that long for them to take just one region.

Well, I know that was WW, but I've been referring to this whole situation as America sales only. Just used that example because it's actually the same principle.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
poklane said:

Just a question for all North Americans (and people who watch North American TV a lot): has Sony marketed the new PS4 model and price cut a lot? Here in The Netherlands I haven't seen shit on TV or other places you could expect ads. The last time I've seen a PS4 ad must have been in May around Uncharted 4's release.

I live in Canada and dont watch TV, but I see a lot of Xbox ads on Youtube and Twitch. I barely, if ever, see PS4 ads on Youtube, and a little on Twitch.

From what I've seen on TV when I visit family, it's mostly NHL games (oh Canada!) or just multiplat games, I cant recall any XBO or PS4 centric ads.

This. I see an XB1 ad almost once a day at least on TV. I've only seen 1 PS4 ad since the launch of the console, and it was back in May.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Wright said:
FIT_Gamer said:

We do have to consider that the PS3 and 360 didn't release at the same time while the PS4 and XB1 only released within a week of each other in the US.

Shadow1980 said:
binary solo said:

But the fact remains. Scorpio WILL have games that can't be played on Xb one. Therefore they have extensive game cross over, but they do not have identical game libraries. This is different to the stated position for Sony which is that all games will work on all PS4 skus, no exception. The one advantage of going with a proprietary VR rather than compatibility with 3rd party VR.

The New 3DS has games that cannot be played on older 3DS models. The DSi had games that could not be played on older DS models. The GB Color had quite a few games that wouldn't run on older Game Boy models. The Supergrafx had seven games that wouldn't run on older PC Engine models. The 7800 (essentially an upgraded 2600) had plenty of games that wouldn't run on the 2600. And as far as I'm aware of, the SG-1000 wasn't compatible with games designed for the Mark III. Yet in each case these upgraded systems, each with at least a few exclusives of their own, were still fundamentally the same platform as the original models. The Pro and Scorpio are no different. Same CPU and RAM, just slightly faster/better, and with enhanced GPUs to take advantage of 4K, HDR, and VR. There's no generational leap going on here. Those who say otherwise simply lack the enough knowledge of the history of the console market and of mid-gen console upgrades.

Or they a pushing the narative that Sony is "preserving" the PS4 and help gamers, while Microsoft is desesperated and ashamed of the Xbox One...

It´s been quite a sad few weeks for good sales analysis. Many of our old friends, like Ethomaz, are gone. It seems people don´t remember more how the debate were back in 2012 and 2013. I´m still expecting the resolution and performance gap to increase and third parties droping suport for the XO.

Aura7541 said:
Wright said:

We do have to consider that the PS3 and 360 didn't release at the same time while the PS4 and XB1 only released within a week of each other in the US.

Well, let's give it more time then.

Bandorr said:
Lawlight said:

Ok, so aside from exclusive VR titles, the Scorpio will potentially be getting games that don't run on the X1. Also, is it called XBox One Scorpio or just Xbox Scorpio?

No clue on name. That is the first article i've seen that hinted at the idea of Scorpio exclusives.

If the name is "xbox one Scorpio" I can't see there being exclusives. That would be the Wii U disaster all over again. New system, new games - old name.

If the name is "Xbox Scorpio" dropping the number then who knows what will happen.

What?

Are you getting the Morpheus? I'm thinking about it. It'll look good next to my Project Reality, Marz and Xenon.

Maybe I should replay Golden Sun on my Atlantis....

In all seriousness, my money is it being called Xbox One with another word attached on the end. Much like the pro.