By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Playstation VR Launch Games?

I'm trying to decide what games to get for PS VR at launch.  I want to order them now so amazon will deliver them by the time I have my headset (hopefully Thursday/ I didn't pre-order so fingers are crossed).  Based on Reviews/hype/demo experience what games should I look to buy day one?  Any retail games I should specifically buy?

Also I'm going to keep a tally in the OP here of the top suggested games with there metacritic scores.

Batman Arkham VR - 73 - Retail - will get

Battlezone - 73 - Retail - No nothing about

Playstation VR Worlds - 56 - Retail - comes with bundle

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Around the Network

Probably not launch games, but best ones so far in my opinion will be EVE Valkyrie and RE7

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The first game I'm buying when I save enough money for psvr is most likely Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (job simulator after that).

Kind of the shitty part of being an early adopter, reception across games will be very mixed since there's only a small sample size to pool opinions from.

From what I've read, RIGS, DC VR, and Eve have had good word of mouth with battle zone having potential as a sleeper hit and RE7 being shit-your-pants scary

Probably DriveClub VR... for DriveClub owners the VR upgrade for $20 / €20 seems also to be the best value, since it gives much more content than most other VR titles.

Around the Network

Summer Lesson for me.

A tip for Europeans who are interested in both "Bound" and "Super Stardust Ultra VR" (which cost €19.99 each):

Buy the non-VR version of "Super Stardust Ultra" together with "Bound" and you get 50% off of both prices... total price is €16.48.

After that you are eligable to upgrade "Super Stardust Ultra" to "Super Stardust Ultra VR" for another €9.99

So in total you pay €26.47 instead of €39.98. And if you buy reduced PSN gift cards, you can save even more.

I bought €50 PSN credits for €43 a few days ago. Now i used €46.46 of that credit for the DriveClub VR upgrade, Super Stardust Ultra VR and Bound. That's around €40 for these 3 PSVR games altogether.

If I could buy PSVR I'd buy DriveclubVR (most immersive VR driving game ever), Thumper (metacritic 81) and Superhypercube.

Driveclub or save the money. Vr stinks for everything else.

www.thejimquisition.com has a review up for Rush of Blood. Its a good read.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969