By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oculus working on pc less VR rift)

Just announced at the Oculus stream not to much information yet.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH446jDdGzI

Around the Network

Stand alone VR... wonder how it will turn out. Honestly the idea confuses me. Like obviously it won't match PC VR in terms of graphical power so I would think it's competing with mobile VR. Problem there is people buy new phones all the time and utilizing the power of them makes more sense then buying a new VR headset every few years. Even if it could compete with a laptop would it be better than just buying a laptop which is a common item that people buy with multiple uses and a PC VR headset.

Only the next logical step.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Standalone VR is going to be too expensive for the value it brings.. So they are definitely looking at either mobile or gaming console (shock)... Or something like AmazonEcho/GoogleHome.

ktay95 said:
Stand alone VR... wonder how it will turn out. Honestly the idea confuses me. Like obviously it won't match PC VR in terms of graphical power so I would think it's competing with mobile VR. Problem there is people buy new phones all the time and utilizing the power of them makes more sense then buying a new VR headset every few years. Even if it could compete with a laptop would it be better than just buying a laptop which is a common item that people buy with multiple uses and a PC VR headset.

Interestingly they announce a new way of doing framerates something asynchronous spacewarp(frame) yeah don't spell it well but it makes the minimum requirements for vr way lower and even better they announce a pc for 499 euro that runs vr.

Around the Network

vr touch will release 6th december and cost 199, bit expensive but tracks fingers etc.

500 games and apps already woah.

Isn't Gear Vr the standalone?

CosmicSex said:
Isn't Gear Vr the standalone?

For Gear VR well you need Samsung Galaxy. 

Wiat this sounds like it still needs a PC or laptop but its wireless? Does it use sensors like the lighthouses?