By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sun/moon Starter evolutions revealed

Einsam_Delphin said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Just because it`s been done once before (and not as bad even) doesn`t mean it`s ok to do it again. Especially when you consider that Pokemon is a franchise with a history of having actual gender differences. It used to actually make males/females look different rather than just making a design for one gender and then saying `oh hey rather than desigining another version let`s just use that for both genders`. In the first gen they even made a Pokemon have two different species, one for male and one for female (even though there wasn`t that much difference) rather than just using a masculine/feminine design for both genders.

It was done before to great success, that's all the reason you need really. That history stuff is pretty arbitrary, Gamefreak isn't afraid to break tradition and breaking tradion is not inherently a bad thing. Though really in this case they're not. We've always had Pokemon that look more like one gender despite able to be either one. Machamp and Jynx come to mind, so there's really nothing new here.

Doesn't change the fact that Brionne just looks like garbage in a tutu.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

It was done before to great success, that's all the reason you need really. That history stuff is pretty arbitrary, Gamefreak isn't afraid to break tradition and breaking tradion is not inherently a bad thing. Though really in this case they're not. We've always had Pokemon that look more like one gender despite able to be either one. Machamp and Jynx come to mind, so there's really nothing new here.

I really don't see the resemblence to Garbodor sorry. :L

Einsam_Delphin said:
Azuren said:

Not the Pokemon.

Just garbage.

As in trash.

Azuren said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Not the Pokemon.

Just garbage.

As in trash.

I am honestly curious on why some people think that. It's a harmless design that is honestly pretty cute. Its a seal Pokemon. Why do people think its trash? Does the red nose offend someone? Nothing really stands out as stupid or offensive to me.

Kai_Mao said:
Azuren said:

Not the Pokemon.

Just garbage.

As in trash.

I am honestly curious on why some people think that. It's a harmless design that is honestly pretty cute. Its a seal Pokemon. Why do people think its trash? Does the red nose offend someone? Nothing really stands out as stupid or offensive to me.

Because I expect more from a starter, especially after Froakie. I know they can do better... But we get this trash?

First it's an ugly joke.

Then they turn it into a frilly joke.

What if I don't want a ridiculous starter, but still want water? 

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Kai_Mao said:

Because I expect more from a starter, especially after Froakie. I know they can do better... But we get this trash?

First it's an ugly joke.

You can use whoever you want as your water Pokemon, it doesn't have to be a starter. Heck you don't even have to have a water type on your team ever thanks to no HMs specifically Surf. I would suggest simply choosing Litten or Rowlet and using a Pokemon you like as your Water type.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Azuren said:

First it's an ugly joke.

You can use whoever you want as your water Pokemon, it doesn't have to be a starter. Heck you don't even have to have a water type on your team ever thanks to no HMs specifically Surf. I would suggest simply choosing Litten or Rowlet and using a Pokemon you like as your Water type.

I think you misunderstand the fact that I was a water starter that isn't ridiculous.

Azuren said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I think you misunderstand the fact that I was a water starter that isn't ridiculous.

I do understand, but I also understand that simply isn't gonna happen. Popplio is the water starter, that wont change no matter how much some want it to.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Azuren said:

I do understand, but I also understand that simply isn't gonna happen. Popplio is the water starter, that wont change no matter how much some want it to.

Hence the animosity and unrest towards it.

Azuren said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Hence the animosity and unrest towards it.

Uh I never questioned that, I was answering your question of what you can do about it, that there are other n better options than complaining about the unchangeable.