By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Meet michael pachter

Michael Pachter, the analyst that has been on frequent MSNBC features with commentary on the video game market, and has been featured in several industry publications, and mentioned several times on this website is the focus of this post.  I found his bio from the Wedbushmorgan securities website, and this is what it says:

" Mr. Pachter provides coverage of the Entertainment Software and Retail sectors. Previously, Mr. Pachter spent two years as Director of Research at Wedbush Morgan. Before joining Wedbush Morgan, Mr. Pachter worked as a Director at Management Resource Center, a middlemarket investment bank. Prior to that, Mr. Pachter spent 15 years in various financial and management positions at Atlantic Richfield Company, most recently as Director of Strategic Planning. Mr. Pachter holds an MBA from the Anderson School at the University of California at Los Angeles, a JD from Pepperdine University, an LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida, and a bachelor's in Political Science from California State University, Northridge. "

Wow.  So he graduated from Law school and has an MBA.  Well, I'm glad to see that some really professional people are looking at the entertainment markets.  Keep it up. 

Around the Network

ugh.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

he changes his predictions every month, and hes never been right (to my knowledge)

He says PS3 is going to win the console race, and then he contradicts his own words with other crap.

Well, it is almost impossible to be completely acurate about these things, as we are talking about future and undetermined events. Secondly, i think that sony will eventually do a lot better than the 360 and perhaps even the wii, but that isn't necessarily a contradiction with the notion that the PS3 is improving its game far too slowly, and that it could be doing better.

Around the Network

When did he change his predictions? He's been saying the same main thing: Wii will lead till 2010 then PS3 that's been his view for a while...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!