By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - System requirements help (i'm kinda stupid lol)

Alright so I wanna play Halo 5 forge with my gf on PC but it keeps crashing and says my graphics card does not meet the requirments I have a intel 4600 and halo 5 requires GeForce 650 ti 2gb vram. so.. What chips could I get besides that chip? And what would be the cheapest one?

Around the Network

The best one to get right now is the Nvidia 1060. There are cheaper ones but it will help you the most in the long run.

Edit: The next step down would be an Amd 480

Followed by an Amd 470

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

The best one to get right now is the Nvidia 1060. There are cheaper ones but it will help you the most in the long run.

Followed by an Amd 470

Alright well I'm building my own computer later on this year like november and I just need something for my families computer to hold me over until then, my little brother is gonna pay me back for the card since he games on it a lot. what would be the lowest I could get that would still be able to run it (like is there equivelants of the geforce thing or not? I don't know how this stuff works XD taking a class at school on hardware stuff though haven't gotten too far into yet lol) I was planning on getting the Nvidia 1060 actually for my personal computer lol. 

Natsu said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Followed by an Amd 470

Alright well I'm building my own computer later on this year like november and I just need something for my families computer to hold me over until then, my little brother is gonna pay me back for the card since he games on it a lot. what would be the lowest I could get that would still be able to run it (like is there equivelants of the geforce thing or not? I don't know how this stuff works XD taking a class at school on hardware stuff though haven't gotten too far into yet lol) I was planning on getting the Nvidia 1060 actually for my personal computer lol. 

Hmm, the lowest I would go is the Amd Rx 480 4gb model. Its usually not worth it to go any lower.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Natsu said:

Hmm, the lowest I would go is the Amd Rx 480 4gb model. Its usually not worth it to go any lower.

Alright thanks for the help! I might just end up buying the Nvidia 1060 and taking it out and putting the old card back in when I build my computer at the end of the year. 

Around the Network
Natsu said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Alright thanks for the help! I might just end up buying the Nvidia 1060 and taking it out and putting the old card back in when I build my computer at the end of the year. 

Yea thats probably the best choice!

Before asking for GPU, it would be nice if you can give us full detail of your PC, Intel 4600 for graphic chipset would be Haswell, If it is i3, game might be still out of your reach without drastic quality decrease.

Also, check your power supply to see if there would be enough supply of electricity to support your target GPU. Depending on your budget situation and goal, you might want to get something cheaper.

Kagerow said:
Before asking for GPU, it would be nice if you can give us full detail of your PC, Intel 4600 for graphic chipset would be Haswell, If it is i3, game might be still out of your reach without drastic quality decrease.

Also, check your power supply to see if there would be enough supply of electricity to support your target GPU. Depending on your budget situation and goal, you might want to get something cheaper.

I have an i5 something.. I can check when I get home. 

Natsu said:
Kagerow said:

I have an i5 something.. I can check when I get home. 

i5 would do perfectly. Now to check the power space. Considering your CPU is i5, if your power supply is over 350W, it will probably work on most modern mainstream cards (Like 1060)

The cheapest card you can buy now that meets the minimum requirements is the Geforce 750 Ti, or Radeon RX 460.

I have no idea why people are trying to sell you a 1060.

Do you meet the 8GB RAM requirement?