By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Help me chose the best graphics card for my new PC

Since I've never built a PC before I asked for help to a friend of mine who kindly made a list of the best components available on Amazon Italy while also remaining inside my budget. Then I started checking some of the components and once I saw the graphics card I noticed that among the suggested articles there was another one, supposedly similar to the one suggested by my friend and also 25€ cheaper. The problem is that I can't find data on one of the two to make a comparison and choose which is the best.

The two Graphic Cards are a MSI Radeon RX 470 Gaming X 4 GB (the cheaper among the two) and a XFX rx-470p4ldb6 Radeon RX 470 4GB (the most expensive) . I read online that the MSI graphics card are supposedly more durable but until I know which is the best among the two I can't choose based solely on the durability.

Since I'm not an expert feel free to leave your opinions on which of the two is the best  one and why!

Around the Network

From the two of them, I'd go with the XFX one for the following reasons:

1-It has the higher clocks of the two cards, and not just on the GPU chip (which at 1256 vs 1254MHz are virtually the same) but specially the memory. The XFX model memory runs at 7000 MHz compared to the 6600/6700MHz of the MSI one. That extra speed will translate into higher memory bandwidth and higher performance.

2-It has a backplate that will give your card more rigidity.

And 3-It's the smaller of the two, meaning that it will be easier to install.

The only advantages of the MSI card are that it's cheaper and that its fans won't work if you're not gaming, which will make it quieter.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The back plate alone is worth the extra in my opinion. I will not buy a GPU without one.

Go with the XFX unless you can stretch things a little more and go with a Radeon 480 4gb?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--