By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it reasonable to be upset about the NX because it's worse than the rumors?

Logically, one can be upset that it didn't turn out to be something one expected which could be the rumors. However, is it reasonable to be upset about it if the rumors are false anyway? Or does Nintendo's silence on the NX for over a year and half reasonably allow us to speculate and hold these rumors as benchmark the NX need.

In other words, do the rumors become more relevant because Nintendo refuse to talk about the NX (besides its a game machine that plays games)? 

Also consider, this question:

---------------------------------------

JWeinCom said:
I don't really like the rumors, so if it's worse than that, I'd be pretty upset.

If that does happen, will it make you even more upset because the rumor exists and the NX ended up being worse?

---------------------------------------

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

I don't really like the rumors, so if it's worse than that, I'd be pretty upset.

If you're fool enough to believe the rumors, you don't have any complaining rights. After all, it's your own fault.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Rumors are like the "hype" scapegoat a lot of people use. It's your own fault if you embrace them before the actual product is released and understood. You can be disappointed if the rumors aren't true but that isn't Nintendo's responsibility, it's your mistake.

JEMC said:
If you're fool enough to believe the rumors, you don't have any complaining rights. After all, it's your own fault.

THIS! 

Anyone can make a rumor. Its up to you to believe then or not. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

If that does happen, will it make you even more upset because the rumor exists and the NX ended up being worse?

I doubt you'll need rumors or expectations to be disappointed by the NX.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The rumors are saying it'll be better than the Wii U in many regards. If it has no 3rd party, the controller is whack, the hardware is outdated, it's weaker than current gen, ect. If all goes wrong and it's underwhelming it's alright to be upset because the Wii U was rock bottom for Nin10do. The Wii U beat out the N64 for the worse selling Nintendo console and it beat the N64's 6 month game drought. If things don't get better why would you not hold Nintendo accountable?

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:
I doubt you'll need rumors or expectations to be disappointed by the NX.

So you think the NX is sitting in the same boat as you.

I don't get it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Updated the title to better reflect my OP. Meant to say "because its worse" not "if its worse than the rumors".