By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF xv delay because of ps4 slim?

Conina said:
StokedUp said:

The delay was simply because of the growing trend of frame rate and pixel police. SE clearly said that the game in its current state would satisfy most of the gamers that play the game but their some out their that won't be satisfied.

So putting some more effort in it to optimize the game experience and polish the game is now a bad thing?

No not at all, personally while I was slightly gutted about the delay I can easily wait another 2 months. Just saying I believe the delay is to satisfy the loud minority that fuss about little details on the overall experience.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
StokedUp said:

The delay was simply because of the growing trend of frame rate and pixel police. SE clearly said that the game in its current state would satisfy most of the gamers that play the game but their some out their that won't be satisfied. So it's basically the fussy f@&kers that find a game not running at 60fps and 1080p constantly completely overshadows the good gameplay and script of the game, it's all of a sudden a ruined experience because of the few times the frame rate dropped when you summed that gigantic skyscraper leviathan to wipe out the groups of enemies.

Simply blame the pixel police.

the game at gamescom was the unpatched game and still managed to get RPG of the show and peoples choice award.

Meanwhile i'll be playing Wild Arms 3 on PS4 instead, better game from a better time, while anticipating SE's future cries on how much money they lost in this project.

OP the slim is going to be out either before or around the same time as the game's original release date, why would that be the reason for the delay? You're not expecting the slim to be out in November are you?

No, believe the slim will be for sale one day after the meeting on 7th september...but this means the userbase of ps4 can become a bigger with the release of the new slim, what means at the end more possible customers for ffxv

No, it was delayed cause they still needed to work on that frame rate. They themselves said it.

Lets stop with the conspiracy theories.