By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Tech Test Impressions Thread: Three Words I Never Thought I'd Say

Chazore said:
The more I hear about it the less interested I become. Won't be long till EA gets zero money from me full stop since BF and Titanfall were the only two IP's I was interested in and they already managed to kill my BF1 interest with them charging for DLC maps.

Not just charging, but blatantly removing content from the game to charge later. Plus all the quick unlock DLC, EA really set the standard for shitty DLC last gen with Battlefield. I remember Bad Company 2, they locked maps on the disc behind the online pass, lol. I fucking knew EA being a partner for Titanfall would be its downfall. I really wish Sony or MS would have bought it.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Chazore said:
The more I hear about it the less interested I become. Won't be long till EA gets zero money from me full stop since BF and Titanfall were the only two IP's I was interested in and they already managed to kill my BF1 interest with them charging for DLC maps.

Battlefield has always charged for the maps and they've always been worth it.  Maybe not on pc where the player base will be less active but definitely on consoles.  

And the dlc is all developed after they finish the game. You get your money's worth in the base game.  Bf4 even got some really good free dlc maps.  their support was top match.  Your reason for not buying it is weak and just shows you really aren't that interested in getting BF1 to begin with. 

To me they haven't been worth it, not for another £40 more making the MP based game an £80 investment that won't stick around for 10+ years. Playerbase for BF4/3 and even BC2 is still active on PC btw, played some BC2 multiplayer just about a month ago with a friend and we found there are still people with their own servers going strong, can't say the same for last gen though with all the focused movement being on the lastest shooter.

I got BF4 when it was on sale and once the maps were being given away piece by piece. Some of the free *communtiy* made DLC is nice but I'd prefer they taker the stance that Respawn has learned in terms of not charging for maps which in turn doesn't hamper and fracture your playerbase. 

I don't really think it;s weak, I'm just not into tossing my money away on content that won't be around as much as you would like to, thanks for trying to demean me though. Funny how you take a pot shot at me for not paying what you definitely want me to pay (not hiding that secret well) and yet you're more than vocal at saying you'll buy other games at a discount, hypocrisy right there mate, no two ways about it. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

LudicrousSpeed said:

Not just charging, but blatantly removing content from the game to charge later. Plus all the quick unlock DLC, EA really set the standard for shitty DLC last gen with Battlefield. I remember Bad Company 2, they locked maps on the disc behind the online pass, lol. I fucking knew EA being a partner for Titanfall would be its downfall. I really wish Sony or MS would have bought it.

Yeah it's a bit scummy of them to take on such a practice, most MP based games these days have their devs not wanting to fracture their playerbase, to keep them all gaming toegether and instead we have devs charging for skins and cosmetic goods which is how it should be rather than splitting up the community via maps and charging silly amounts for them.

I don't buy into the practice though so I end up waiting for them to go down in price and eventually nab them, it's how I nabbed Titanfall deluxe edition for £10 which came with all the maps and I was able to jump right in and have the fun I was seeking, all without getting my wallet gouged. Honestly though with Titanfall 2 I heard they said they weren't going to charge for maps and modes?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Seems like I'm going with Cod4 and BF1.

LudicrousSpeed said:
d21lewis said:
I just assumed they'd take the original and add a single player mode. Are the graphics much better? If so, maybe they came at the cost if speed and maneuverability? In any case, I hate to hear what you're saying.

It's mind boggling. I haven't really paid attention to the graphics.

You don't even rodeo Titans anymore. You jump on, remove their battery, and jump off. Every time after that, you just drop a grenade into the hatch where the battery was. It's so dumb.

If the graphics are improved over the first maybe that's why sacrifices were made?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

Battlefield has always charged for the maps and they've always been worth it.  Maybe not on pc where the player base will be less active but definitely on consoles.  

And the dlc is all developed after they finish the game. You get your money's worth in the base game.  Bf4 even got some really good free dlc maps.  their support was top match.  Your reason for not buying it is weak and just shows you really aren't that interested in getting BF1 to begin with. 

To me they haven't been worth it, not for another £40 more making the MP based game an £80 investment that won't stick around for 10+ years. Playerbase for BF4/3 and even BC2 is still active on PC btw, played some BC2 multiplayer just about a month ago with a friend and we found there are still people with their own servers going strong, can't say the same for last gen though with all the focused movement being on the lastest shooter.

I got BF4 when it was on sale and once the maps were being given away piece by piece. Some of the free *communtiy* made DLC is nice but I'd prefer they taker the stance that Respawn has learned in terms of not charging for maps which in turn doesn't hamper and fracture your playerbase. 

I don't really think it;s weak, I'm just not into tossing my money away on content that won't be around as much as you would like to, thanks for trying to demean me though. Funny how you take a pot shot at me for not paying what you definitely want me to pay (not hiding that secret well) and yet you're more than vocal at saying you'll buy other games at a discount, hypocrisy right there mate, no two ways about it. 

Look at battlefield 4. 

$60 for decent campaign and a lot of big multiplayer maps.  

Then premium for an additional 20 maps over time.  Plus the free maps they did.  

The base game on it's own is worth it.  You don't need to buy the dlc but you can be assured you will get free dlc and that the paid for DLC will be really cheap on sale after some time has passed.  

Again your reasons seem weak but I guess you don't really want battlefield 1 to begin with. 

Kerotan said:

Look at battlefield 4. 

The base game on it's own is worth it.  You don't need to buy the dlc but you can be assured you will get free dlc and that the paid for DLC will be really cheap on sale after some time has passed.  

Again your reasons seem weak but I guess you don't really want battlefield 1 to begin with. 

You keep throwing out this "my value over yours" argument while at the same time pulling the "no true scotsman" fallacy, none of it is going to work on me because it hasn't in the first place.

I actually like the WWI and WWII settings but I'm not into paying £52 for the standard edition with no maps or £69 for the digital deluxe, I'm sorry mate but I don't see the value the way you think I should. I've still enjoyed previous Battlefield games when they were discounted, just because I don't pay what you do doesn't stop me from being a fan. 

If you want to make a eprsonal thing out of demeaning me then this is the wrong thread mate, I suggest leaving it be before things get ugly and you know as wlel as I do that things will the way they are headed.

Oh shit i forgot it was Friday. Ill download it now. Btw how much gbs is it?

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

Look at battlefield 4. 

You keep throwing out this "my value over yours" argument while at the same time pulling the "no true scotsman" fallacy, none of it is going to work on me because it hasn't in the first place.

I actually like the WWI and WWII settings but I'm not into paying £52 for the standard edition with no maps or £69 for the digital deluxe, I'm sorry mate but I don't see the value the way you think I should. I've still enjoyed previous Battlefield games when they were discounted, just because I don't pay what you do doesn't stop me from being a fan. 

If you want to make a eprsonal thing out of demeaning me then this is the wrong thread mate, I suggest leaving it be before things get ugly and you know as wlel as I do that things will the way they are headed.

but the standard edition does have maps and lots of them. You get great value from the base game. I guess you'll get it 6 months later when it's on its first sale then.  enjoy! 

Kerotan said:

but the standard edition does have maps and lots of them. You get great value from the base game. I guess you'll get it 6 months later when it's on its first sale then.  enjoy! 

Standard here costs me 60 Euros without any of the maps in the future, that's asking me for £52 entirely just for the digital game and nothing else, that is way above the average asking price for a AAA game, DOOM for example was asking at least £40 for their base game, that had a very decent SP to it as well, the BF series isn't well regarded and known for their SP as much as their MP and we all know how their SP goes in terms of story. 

The value to me isn't there, not for way above the PC digital base game price and EA has no vendor competition to force them to price accordingly so the price stays high for a decent amount of time. I managed to grab DOOM for £30 around 2 weeks from it's release thanks to GMG, that was enough to get me to go for the game because I saw it being near the asking price I found worthy of dropping down cash for.

If EA discount it later on down the line and it runs really well on PC then chances are high that I might grab it, I managed to snag BF4 at a cheap price with it running better down the line since it's launch. If you price your game at a price I can go for and it runs well then I'll go for it, price high and don't have the game up and running decently while delivering less content and I'll simply step back and wait until you do.

(Also I checked their digital deluxe, it only comes with one pre-order map and tiny bits and pieces while asking me for 80 Euros which comes to £69.41 and that's without VAT).