By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

@dogs

Those were some pretty good games lastnight with some fierce fighting for such a small amount of players.

Around the Network

Yeah, I was planning on getting enough money in GT5:P last night to buy the Ferrari 430 and thus work on my top license, but when I saw a girl on my friends list try Warhawk for the first time, I decided to join her for a laugh. They (her and her BF) didn't know how to scale down the maps to decent sizes. But it did not work out that bad... makes me wonder now that I think of it.

^^ What does it make you wonder dogs.

If large scale (full) maps would be viable for an 10-12 player game. I think it would be viable for sure, but what would it do to the fun factor?

Well as long as it's not Capture the flag I could see it being a ton of fun :P I LOVE the large scale maps, and everyone usually clusters around one spawn point anyway XD Good times :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

The difference from our game the other night dogs and our league games, was that there was no super players. Skip and Slums may have us for breakfast on large maps(no offence guys). You should try some of the japanese games. They play CTF with bases next to each other. Trust me these games are absolute mayhem.

My thoughts were about CTF. I'll weigh your input heavily, Chrono. :) That said, large maps do allow the defensive team ample opportunity to save their flag. Is that a good or a bad thing? It's up to you guys to tell me.

Don't forget this is a break week, people!

Break week, looks like I will be in the public servers this weekend.

Have a good night out dogs and I will see you all for the next official game.

with small teams the full size maps don't work (in my opinion) for zones battles, because with so many capturable zones there are no battles (eveyone is off on their lonesome capturing a undefended zone).

Large maps and small teams works for capture the flag.  It makes captures more difficult and returns easier.  Its downside is that with so many spawns it cuts down on player vs player interaction. 

large maps work just as well for deathmatch as small maps do.  generally people tend to congregate together. The small maps foster quick intense troop battles, while the large maps are at a slower pace that gives you more tactic choices (vehicles, weapons,terrain,etc).

dawve24 said:
Break week, looks like I will be in the public servers this weekend.

Have a good night out dogs and I will see you all for the next official game.

I'll be jumping into those public servers with you. I wont have MGS4 for a while so Im gonna stick with ol'faithful (warhawk, the game that always delivers). If anyone wants to jump in with us feel free to do so. :)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937