By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

Although I did not state it I will be playing this weekend and sending out reminders to players in the next few days.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/05/14/warhawk-ggl-tournament/

we should register

holy hell, you get that knife just for participating?

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
kasillas88 said:
ssj12 said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/05/14/warhawk-ggl-tournament/

we should register

holy hell, you get that knife just for participating?

top is for winners, and bottom is for participants. I so want that champions blade. (both are in digital form, and are only visual upgrades)

the winning team also gets statues

the tournament is only open to us residents

GGL and Sony Computer Entertainment America have teamed up to bring you an Official Warhawk Team Tournament, where the top squad can win Warhawk Limited Edition Statues from Gentle Giants Studios (ARV $50 each) and an in-game special weapon called the Champion’s Blade!  This weapon is awarded exclusively to tournament winners and cannot be acquired any other way.  It replaces the knife weapon in game and looks completely different so that everyone you encounter will know you won the tournament.

A Practice Ladder is open now, so jump in, form your team, and start challenging and playing opponents.  On 5/27/08 the Practice Ladder will be reset (all squads’ records and points set to 0), and we will start the official Ladder Stage.  You can challenge other squads, play matches, and move up and down the ladder.  Points are awarded not only for winning, but also just for playing, so the more you play the better you will do!  At the end of the Ladder Stage on 6/29/08, the top 32 squads will advance to a single-elimination bracket, and the winner of the Bracket Stage takes home the prize!

This is a team tournament, but you and your opponents can agree on the number of players on each side before each match.  If you need help finding players for your squad, you can try our “Find/Form a Squad” forum.  This prize tournament is open to U.S. residents only, but Warhawk players from anywhere in the world are welcome to join open competition ladders on GGL's Warhawk Game Group (http://www.ggl.com/groups/warhawk_game_group).

So are we going to try and form a team. I want the knife.

The bottom knife looks awesome.

Around the Network
Grand Prize: (one team)

- One 6" Warhawk Limited Edition Statue created by Gentle Giant Studios per player, up to 16 players. (ARV $50 per player)

- Champion’s Blade: an in-game prize available only to the players on the winning team from this tournament. The Champion’s Blade is a special in-game Warhawk weapon that will replace the regular knife weapon, and will look visibly different than the regular knife that other players carry in-game, so that other players you encounter in the game will know that you won the tournament. All expenses not stated in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prizes, but Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prizes will not be fulfilled outside the U.S. Prizes will not be awarded to minors or any other person who participated without meeting the Competition’s eligibility requirements. Should a prize be won by an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, all affidavits, releases and undertakings, set forth in these Official Rules must be executed and undertaken by the parent/legal guardian of the minor, both on behalf of themselves and the minor, or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes may be awarded to, or in the name of, minor’s parent/legal guardian. Total ARV of all prizes: $800.

damn US only that counts me out.

dawve24 said:

Also had a game with hanafuda today he is a really good ground fighting is going to get even more interesting when we have him in a game.

Was good to finally get a game with you.  I saw you were online so just jumped into the game you were in.  No idea where it was hosted, but it was quite laggy for me.  It was quite frustrating a few times (getting shot at without it even registering, then just dying instantly, piling rifle bullets into enemies and it just not damaging them..).

Still, good fun overall.  That little grudge match we had in tanks was pretty funny. 

PSN - hanafuda

@hanafuda it was hosted in europe on the official servers didnt think they would be that laggy.

yeah the tank fights were good fun. hopefully we will be on at the same time soon.

Awesome weapons! If someone registers us, I'll participate. However, in order to make it into the top 32 teams you have to play a lot, since you get points for winning and participating. Which would require playing much more than once a week.

Only 1/2 of our regulars are eligible for the physical prize. I love the geographic diversity of our participants. It makes us seem so worldly. :)

EDIT: Dallinor has contacted me saying that, with his University finals over tomorrow, he may be joining us for some warhawk in the future. Good luck on those exams.