By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

Is it just me or are the AA guns about as effective as throwing nerf footballs at the Warhawks? The missile turrets are awesome and even the handheld launcher seems more effective to me. I got so many cheap ground kills with that launcher on Saturday before the league. I know I had more than a few people pissed off at me for firing at the ground right in front of them constantly.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

The Anti Air guns can be so badass if used right :D With those you DEFINITELY have to follow ahead of them while they fly, but I've taken out so many people with them. You'll love them to death when a warhawk attempts to weed your holdout while in stealth (can't lock on with the missiles) :D ESP great for taking out tanks and jeeps as well. Just watch out for the goddamn binocs -_-;

And yeah, the people with rockets on the ground can kiss my ass xD They make it an absolute bitch to enter hover mode >< 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Ckmlb said: "if there was more Team games and less DM that would be great lol..."

There needs to be a DM at the beginning so that people can slowly trickle in without affecting how the teams are balanced.

SlumOfOhio said:"I would like one match, (10 minutes) to be a Dogfight, TDM or DM. That would be fun."

There now is a 10 minute DM DogFight. I need to switch something around for next time though because we have that DogFight followed by a very Warhawk centric Zones match. So I think I'll switch the zones to a map where groud vehicles are at least usable. 

EDIT: I still can't get RocketPig's roster entry to be red!

Dogs Rule said:

Ckmlb said: "if there was more Team games and less DM that would be great lol..."

There needs to be a DM at the beginning so that people can slowly trickle in without affecting how the teams are balanced.

SlumOfOhio said:"I would like one match, (10 minutes) to be a Dogfight, TDM or DM. That would be fun."

There now is a 10 minute DM DogFight. I need to switch something around for next time though because we have that DogFight followed by a very Warhawk centric Zones match. So I think I'll switch the zones to a map where groud vehicles are at least usable. 

Sounds great! Thanks.

ChronotriggerJM said:

And yeah, the people with rockets on the ground can kiss my ass xD They make it an absolute bitch to enter hover mode ><

The rockets are also extremely effective against dumbasses on foot who run into buildings or stand too close to walls...

Overall, I just love me that rocket launcher. I use it for everything. Stop and pop against tanks works well, too, especially if you can keep the tank user confused about your location for 2-3 seconds after the first hit.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

The AA turrets arent really that effective, I only use them in CTF/Zones to spook enemy Warhawks away from the area. Thats really all its good for.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
kasillas88 said:
The AA turrets arent really that effective, I only use them in CTF/Zones to spook enemy Warhawks away from the area. Thats really all its good for.
That's odd, because I like them. I find a kill from them to be much more "honorable" than a one-hit kill with lock-on that the duel rocket AA provide.

rocketpig said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

The rockets are also extremely effective against dumbasses on foot who run into buildings or stand too close to walls...

Overall, I just love me that rocket launcher. I use it for everything. Stop and pop against tanks works well, too, especially if you can keep the tank user confused about your location for 2-3 seconds after the first hit.

As pathetic as it sounds, I'm actually god aweful with the rocket launcher when it comes to on - foot battles XD I've lost so many sad rounds because I constantly mis-judge the distance xD However, I'm amazing in a tank >_>; Go figure xD

@Dogsrule, that would be fantastic in Zones :D I think Vehicular takeovers are the best :3 I love loading up my jeep with mines, then bailing right into an emeny tank thats guarding the zone post :D 

kasillas88 said:
Nah man if you follow in front they rack up damage WICKED fast. Also they can't chaff or stealth to evade you :P I <3 me some AA turrets :3 SO USELESS AGAINST PEOPLE THOUGH!!!! I can dump 300 rounds and never hit someone running on foot xD

It was some pretty great games we had. The server got full for the first time. Flow would always snipe me at the worst times possible. And yeah, switching the map or layout we currently use for zones would be better.