By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

I host. Server name = vgchartz1
password = league

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
You've been added to the league's roster. Welcome to the league. There will be a game this Saturday starting at around 4PM EDT (1PM PDT).

Dunno if I can make it but I will try. I have a huge marketing presentation in front of the President and VP of the company Saturday morning. If I do get out in time, I'm sure I'll want to blow off some steam. :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Were playing on saturday. I'm in. Welcome Chrono.

I had a question I wanted to ask about our league, do you guys normally play on the really small maps? Do you ever play on the full versions? I personally find that to be the most impressive thing about Warhawks is the scale of the game and thats all I'm really used to playing on xD. I wouldn't mind learning some of the shortened versions :D but man I just love how huge the game can be xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
I had a question I wanted to ask about our league, do you guys normally play on the really small maps? Do you ever play on the full versions? I personally find that to be the most impressive thing about Warhawks is the scale of the game and thats all I'm really used to playing on xD. I wouldn't mind learning some of the shortened versions :D but man I just love how huge the game can be xD

Funny you should ask, Chrono. I had a feeling you would. ;)

Well, the first time we played, I set the maps to full-sized, but due to the amount of participants, we were sort of overwhelmed by the scale. So since then we've scaled it down a bit. Since then, CTF matches are no longer 0-0 stalemates of 3-0 defeats.

The scale has been increased a little for Zone matches and one of the Deathmatch modes. We also have a quick dog-fight (which is full scale).

For now we will be concentrating mostly, but not exclusively, on mid-sized maps, but as soon as we have enough people, I hope to get back to full-scale.

Sounds alright?

Around the Network

Yeah that sounds awesome :) I can TOTALLY see where the scale could easily overwhelm a small amount of players xD If we have so few people, have we ever considered joining an already huge game? I LOVE the sony servers for that, fractional lag, and 32 players :3

But how can we guarantee that slots would be available for leaguers? EDIT: And make sure that we are on the same team (since interacting together is part of the fun.)

Yeah there is always that problem ^^ But I was just thinking if like, all we could muster for the day was say 10 people, theoretically couldn't we just enter one of the empty servers and start, maybe wait for some outsiders to join? Or maybe enter one of the 22/32 matches? I see those fairly often :) I think part of the fun would be to play against some other VGCer's also ^_^

Any1 else playing this weekend.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Yeah there is always that problem ^^ But I was just thinking if like, all we could muster for the day was say 10 people, theoretically couldn't we just enter one of the empty servers and start, maybe wait for some outsiders to join? Or maybe enter one of the 22/32 matches? I see those fairly often :) I think part of the fun would be to play against some other VGCer's also ^_^

Well, that creates the logistical problem of people not being able to simply search for the vgchartz server, so we'd either:

a) every leaguer would have to have one of the people in the public server in order to quickly join;(practically impossible until the friends list restriction is removed)

b) we'd have to post in the thread which server we are in, which is difficult since I can't post while in the game, and I can't know which server we're in until we're in the game.

If we were sure to have a person who was willing to host 24 people or more, we could have that person create a room called vgchartz1, but leave it public, which might be the best of all worlds (convenience of having a constant server name and ability to fill a server.)

@Dawve24

You, BLOODLINEZ, KASILLAS88 (Al_Kickurass), Mirson (djchuy) (I think), and I are pretty much confirmed. We usually have more than what is confirmed.

EDIT: 10th PAGE!!! Thanks for your participation in the league and in making the thread succesful. :)