By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What would be your dream TV series to HBO to make after GoT?

I would love to see HBO making a Justice League series.  I know super hero on TV never worked very well and that DC don`t want those powerhouses on TV, but I think Games Of Thrones is such a milestone for TV production, proving that television can produce top notch productions. Maybe not a Justice League series, but a true Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman would be great. 

Other dream sereis for me would be Harry Potter show, but J.K. Rowling already told it isn`t happening.

Around the Network

I would love for them to return to Rome, or maybe another historic period, like ancient Egypt, Macedon or Greece. Also a prequel to Game of thrones would be nice.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

The Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel.  

1. The Clan of the Cave Bear
  2. The Valley of Horses
  3. The Mammoth Hunters
  4. The Plains of Passage
  5. The Shelters of Stone
  6. The Land of Painted Caves

I admit that I've only read the first four but they were excellent.

--

The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons.

1. Hyperion
  2. The Fall of Hyperion
  3. Endymion
  4. The Rise of Endymion

It's science fiction but it's very dream-like, with close ties to Keats and the Canterbury Tales.

And, uh, so looking it up so that I'd get all the book titles right, I just found out that it's going to be an 'event series' on Syfy.

Bradley Cooper has wanted to adapt Hyperion for many years; some time ago he even lobbied to get the gig writing the script. Now he, along with Graham King and Todd Phillips, is producing a Hyperion TV series for Syfy.

THR reports that Syfy is working with the three producers to adapt the novel(s) into event series form, with Itamar Moses (Boardwalk Empire) writing and acting as co-exec producer.   http://www.slashfilm.com/hyperion-tv-series/

--

If they want more sexy, they could go with Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy series.  I got tired of the series after awhile, to be honest, but the first books were good.  The main character is kind of like a courtesan secret agent.

The book follows Phèdre nó Delaunay's life from birth. She's born with a mote in her eye, which makes her appear inappropriate for service as a religious courtesan, but it is revealed that this is actually a sign that she is an 'anguissette' or sexual masochist, deriving sexual pleasure from pain. Her bond is purchased by a nobleman who does train her as a courtesan, and discovers a plot against her homeland which she has a chance to interrupt.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushiel%27s_Dart

--

I'd love to see something made from The Observations by Jane Harris.  I loved it.  Set in the Victorian era, it's about a 15 year old Irish girl who is on her own and running from a difficult life.  She lands a job at a run-down estate as a maid to a kind yet odd young mistress who has her write a diary after her chores are done.  Despite not quite understanding why the lady of the house is paying so much attention to a maid, she comes to adore her employers.  As time passes, however, she learns to her dismay that everything isn't quite as it seems.  She also learns that the maid there before her died and that no one wants to talk about what happened.

Bessy is a really interesting character.  She's already seen the worst in life, so she is cynical, but she is still vulnerable to kind words and attention.  Everything that happens in the story affects her deeply.

Wheel of Time Series, Extend the life of Leftovers for a couple of more seasons (probably my favorite show of all time.), Since netflix has a deal with Marvel, a DC HBO show would be cool.

Joe Abercrombie's Book of the First Law! I should start a petition...

Around the Network

Deadwood 2: Unauthorized Cinnamon