By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I believe Apple should buy Nintendo.

Apple will benefit the most out of any company if they bought Nintendo. Making Nintendo games Exclusive to the iPhone and iPad will do a lot for their hardware push and will allow Apple to enter the console space easily and have their eco system in the living room. Of course this is my opinion and I'm not a qualify finacial advisior or anything.

Edit: Also, 20 billion is probably nothing for Apple to spend their money on.

Around the Network

Why is it that everyone wants Nintendo to be bought. Screw that, they're games are so good because they know how to push their systems in the right spot. I don't think they're games would be as good if they had to make them on others hardware, especially phones/tablets.

HAHAHAHA!!!! They'd make the consoles 600$ with garbage specs. I expect about as much success as the Pippin, ever heard of it? 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Please no...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I don't think it would be a good idea for Apple to buy Nintendo. Maybe for the mobile, but not for home console. Apple's products can be a bit too expensive imo.

Around the Network

Apple doesn't really care about videogames. They got tons of money from them, but they don't pay attention nor they really focus on them. So why buy Nintendo, I'm sure they are fine getting those sweet Pokemon Go fees.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Apple doesn't really care about videogames. They got tons of money from them, but they don't pay attention nor they really focus on them. So why buy Nintendo, I'm sure they are fine getting those sweet Pokemon Go fees.

If you're not expanding you're going to explode.

Snoopy said:
Darwinianevolution said:

If you're not expanding you're going to explode.

There are dozens of things on Apple's priority list before expanding on videogames, specially owning studios or IPs.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Minor text changes.

Yea, because EVERYONE would love to see the iDS for the low price of 599.99.

Maybe we'll get Mario Maker Pro! for 60 additional dollars, you get access to content that nobody even wanted in the first place.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.