By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Reports for politics (and general) are valued, you don't necessarily need to call in a mod just to moderate someone but you can also ask for mods to keep an eye on a thread. More of a reply to hershel but it applies to everyone.

Around the Network

looking back at the thread, I've realized that Aura7541 typically sits in politics threads.

I think he should be considered for a potential mod.

just saying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

RolStoppable said:
hershel_layton said:
looking back at the thread, I've realized that Aura7541 typically sits in politics threads.

just saying.

Someone who tries to rally up people against Islam in a topic that has nothing to do with Islam isn't suited to be a mod.

Good point. 

Well, who do you think is a good person then?

The person probably has to:

-Be on politics threads frequently

-Not be a known victim of rallying others

-Generally be non-biased

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:

just saying.

Thanks. However, if I were to become a mod, I do need to work on not being a jerkass even though I tend to be patient.

RolStoppable said:

Someone who tries to rally up people against Islam in a topic that has nothing to do with Islam isn't suited to be a mod.

Last time I checked, criticizing the religion does not equate to rallying up people. Unless you can find a post of mine where I said "Lynch Muslims whereever you find them" or the like, then your point is rather moot...

Another point I should make was that a post I made in response to yours was "If the killers murdered in the name of Islam, then its an Islamic attack." This quote gives no implication that I fully believed that the shooting was driven by Islam, though I explained in a reply to Barney that the likelihood skews towards that motivation based on German crime statistics. And in this post, I said that the motivation is "far from an absolute certainty".

So while you're right in that a mod shouldn't be someone who rallies up people against Islam, that someone isn't me.

RolStoppable said:
Aura7541 said:

Last time I checked, criticizing the religion does not equate to rallying up people. Unless you can find a post of mine where I said "Lynch Muslims whereever you find them" or the like, then your point is rather moot...

Another point I should make was that a post I made in response to yours was "If the killers murdered in the name of Islam, then its an Islamic attack." This quote gives no implication that I fully believed that the shooting was driven by Islam, though I explained in a reply to Barney that the likelihood skews towards that motivation based on German crime statistics. And in this post, I said that the motivation is "far from an absolute certainty".

So while you're right in that a mod shouldn't be someone who rallies up people against Islam, that someone isn't me.

You said that I was using a fallacy because I stated that the absence of a pattern that matches an islamic attack suggests that it wasn't an islamic attack. You can fight over semantics and what you may or may not have implied all you want, but no amount of that will change that I was right and you were not.

There's no one criteria for what constitutes or does not constitute an Islamic attack. If a person murders people in the name of Islam, then it is an Islamic attack, though in this case in Munich, it was not. The pattern is rather meaningless if the motivation was the religion. So it's not a matter of semantics. You were off the bat entirely.

So I don't see how you're right in any regard, moreso you failed to adequately prove that I rally up people against Islam.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
hershel_layton said:

Good point. 

Well, who do you think is a good person then?

The person probably has to:

-Be on politics threads frequently

-Not be a known victim of rallying others

-Generally be non-biased

That sounds like an incredibly boring person. Makes gergroy the perfect fit for the job.

:P

Well, it's not our fault that people with...well, 'colourful' language are typically banned.

It's not like the person has to be boring. You can easily be a fun dude. Just have to avoid being a dick.

RolStoppable said:
Aura7541 said:

There's no one criteria for what constitutes or does not constitute an Islamic attack. If a person murders people in the name of Islam, then it is an Islamic attack, though in this case in Munich, it was not. The pattern is rather meaningless if the motivation was the religion. So it's not a matter of semantics. You were off the bat entirely.

So I don't see how you're right in any regard, moreso you failed to adequately prove that I rally up people against Islam.

You'd be a terrible mod. You aren't even a good member when it gives you so much trouble to admit that the attack in Munich wasn't religiously motivated.

Um, what?? I expressed skepticism in that thread before I even made a response to your comment. Earlier on that thread, I was correcting someone on the notion that Muslims are a race.

Did you interpret "far from an absolute certainty" as "I really hope that this attack was motivated by Islam" or something? Because if so, I think your propensity of jumping to irrational conclusions is more concerning than me being a mod.

RolStoppable said:
hershel_layton said:

just saying.

I agree.

We need someone who can make objective neutral judgements. I am not much in those political threads, so I can't make a vote. But I know the people due to their views on certain topics who shouldn't be a mod.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Trump '16!

Seventizz said:
Trump '16!

The goal is to not get the political topic closed. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3