By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go´s Server situation is ridiculous - Nintendos fault?

Is Pokemon Gos server situation acceptable for you?

Yes, so many players, they cant do better 20 26.32%

No, after 2 weeks they ne... 40 52.63%

I dont play pokemon go 16 21.05%

Total:76

So Pokemon go is now live for more then 2 weeks. Unfortunaly the servers are still not much better then dog Sh1t.

Every evening from 18:00 - 01:00 o clock the servers are mostly down or have really big issues (especially in europe, donnu about other regions).

I cant believe they werent able to fix this in the last 2 weeks. Services like facebook, amazon, youtube, whatsapp and co are having alot bigger server workloads (many costumers as well + alot bigger amount of data) and they are working good. It really cant be to difficult to get enough server ressources for pokemon go within some days. That the situation is still so bad after 2 weeks is just laughable.

Nintendo is a big company so those issues just arnt justifyable. They have enough ressources to fix it, even if they arnt able to do it they can pay others (eg google) which can do it. It seems like nintendo just is to stingy to invest enough into the server capacities.

IMO this is really "typical" for nintendo. I doubt we would have such a situation for an that long time with any other publisher. Those might have problems as well, but they are at least able to fix them in time.

I dont know if nintendo is even responsible for the servers (the developer are niantic) but this situation is just looking so much "nintendo like". they have the best franchises, the best ideas but often they suck so badly at standard tasks.

Every other publisher would most likely invest tons of money to fix those issues asap but nintendo is more like, well we can giv e 5$ lets see if that helps....

Around the Network

Maybe it's because they weren't expecting the game to be THIS big.
But yeah, the server situation is just stupid. They need to fix that ASAP.

What is Nintendolike with this if I may ask?

They arent even responsible for anything in the app.

Who's fault would it be if not the publisher's? They're the ones who approved of the release of the game in this state.

Nintendo will fix it though. They'll just wait two weeks and the server load will have halved.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Obviously after 2 weeks they's should've being able to fix it.
Even if they weren't expecting all these audience at first, 2 weeks into the game they should've already come up with a solution. It's annoying. Not as annoying as the lack of Scythers in my general area, but annoying nonetheless. >:(

Around the Network

I'm more surprised that they didn't delay releasing it in other countries until they fixed their server issues.

Funny how when it comes to the profits on this app people like to think Nintendo had nothing to do with it but when we talk about server problems, Nintendo are the only ones involved.

Honestly I think the bulk of the blame falls on Niantic since they did develop the app. And really I don't think anyone knew this app would be the breakout hit that it is. I mean this thing as broken records here and there. Sure hindsight is 20/20 and we can all say "it's Pokémon on a phone of course it would do well" but really this was a risk and they probably didn't plan for this.

I think it's been mentioned that Niantic has had trouble with the servers, especially in Japan which is one of the reasons why they are delaying its Japanese release. You could blame Nintendo partially for this, but in the end, it's Niantic since, from what I heard, they're using the servers and elements from Ingress for Pokemon Go.

Mbolibombo said:
What is Nintendolike with this if I may ask?

They arent even responsible for anything in the app.

As much as i know the publisher of an game is reponsible for the server situation (because they pay for the server capacities).

Why "nintendolike" you ask?

Well here are some examples for things/mistakes nintendo is doing to save some money in situations its just not seasonable:

1. Zelda BOTW half voice acting. Releasing a big AAA game in 2017 without full voice acting is ridiclous. You CANT tell good, emotional and exciting stories with text boxes. Thats just not possible. While i can totally understand the idea of an mute Link (so the player can more likely feel like him) there is no real justify to have other people beeing mute as well in the game just to save some money on the voice acting.

2. Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 no pro Controller support. The game supports the gamepad, doesnt require motion controls -> still no pro controller support (the game is from sega but published by ninendo).

3. No Voice Chat in Splatoon. I dont believe their main argument about voice chat in splatoon. Splatoon is already heaving connection issues sometimes, i think addiotional voice chat would be to much for the servers is the main reason we didnt have it into the game (voice chat in mario kart/smash is also very limited for no reasons)

want more?

This game is not using Nintendo's/DENA servers so i guess it's Niantic's fault.