By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game tunes that you could identify the instant you hear it

inspired by the soundtrack thread but this is different.

what are the game tunes that you could identify miles away the moment you hear just a few notes of it playing?

For me, I would say Super Mario Bros. Nearly the entire game's music. From the 1up sound to the boss level music.

Final Fantasy tunes for end of battle. How can anyone not recognize that? :) Also, the title screen tunes. 

Around the Network

Mario and Zelda themes for me, i would recognise others, but not at 'the instant i hear them' EDIT: just reread your post and saw 'the ending' of the the battles.. i thought you meant any track from the game... yeh.. i would recognise the final fantasy battle ending as well

I occasionally hear the song from Homeworld that is played when they return to Kharak and see the planet is burned. Makes me sad just hearing the song. Plus of course, mario, tetris, zelda, etc. Everyone knows those themes.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Pretty much the same already stated and Smash bros theme's, Contra, X-com games and so on. :p

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pac-Man and Super Mario Brothers

Around the Network

Mario and Zelda of course, but Donkey Kong Country aswell. This one is probably the one I recognize the fastest.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

any tune from any game I have ever completed.

Donkey Kong Country ,Mario ,Zelda and Final Fantasy genius music

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

frogger

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

banjo kazooie, zelda, mario and fire emblem