By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Best PR statement EVER from MS lawyer over Master Chief in UT3 mod.

darthdevidem01 said:
The fool...

Too bad Master Chief has been outsold by every installment of Gran Turismo & GTA
 True, but MS has a history with GTA.  GTA has done best on PS2, Xbox, and PSP in that order.  It has also sold ok on PC and PS1, but I don't think it made those numbers.  I don't think it sold too well on the Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Dreamcast.  In a couple months GTA will have been on at least 10 systems. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

Oooo burn, Sony got served. I know they're not going to let that slide because those were fightin' words.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

^makes me think of the south park epi---you got f'ed in the ass

You guys take too much offense to an obviously tongue-in-cheek comment.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Oooo burn, Sony got served. I know they're not going to let that slide because those were fightin' words.

I'm sure they could just say something like "well who's system is so closed that you have to charge people to play their games online that they can't even enhance with mods?"

lol, I hope Sony responds, this would be a funny slapping match.

Around the Network

I would love to here a Sony PR reply to this comment:
Sony PR - "He's a big caca face."

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

low blow, low blow...
lol that was hillarious though haha
i love M$ PR (blog?)

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

twesterm said:

[Source Kotaku]

Microsoft Fine WIth User-Generated Master Chief on PS3

When fans built a Master Chief model for Unreal Tournament 3 (playable on the PlayStation 3), some of us giggled. Others of us, including Business Week, didn't think that Microsoft would be too happy. Now Microsoft attorney Don McGowan is speaking up on his blog to address the situation.

Actually it's nothing more than the Game Content Usage Rules...in action. When these were developed, people all thought they were focused on machinima. The truth is that while they do address machinima they also allow for a lot of other things. Mods like this are one of them.
He continues...making things a little more personal:
The developers aren't selling the mod, they're not monetizing Microsoft's IP, they're just creating something to share their love of the Master Chief on a new platform...And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform...
Ooh, but can a Microsoft employee say such things about the PlaySation brand?? Sony won't allow this at all!

Everyone and their mother is totally getting sued and it's gonna be awesome.

Master Chief on PlayStation? Yep, we know... [DonkeyXote via Maxconsole]

How could they? MS doesn't allow User Created content, otherwise I guarantee Kratos, Ratchet, Jak and co would make an appearance there. 

^ Kratos in Dead or Alive?

*raises eyebrow*

FreeTalkLive said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The fool...

Too bad Master Chief has been outsold by every installment of Gran Turismo & GTA
True, but MS has a history with GTA. GTA has done best on PS2, Xbox, and PSP in that order. It has also sold ok on PC and PS1, but I don't think it made those numbers. I don't think it sold too well on the Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and Dreamcast. In a couple months GTA will have been on at least 10 systems.

According to Vgchartz it's PS2>PSP>PS>XB