By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do you feel about this article about Gina having such a "perfect" answer

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/gina-rodriguez-just-gave-perfect-210142816.html

I frequent yahoo news and I come across this article. 

The article headline: "Gina Rodriguez just gave the perfect answer".  (We must be in the next renaissance, because there's a trend of people giving just the right answers.)

The question: “Do you identify as straight?”

The answer: "I don't need anyone to define their sexuality to me nor do I feel the need to either. I love hearts. Period."

This is all happening at a Twitter QA thingy. 

Well, the article goes on to say: "Yes! Such a beautiful way to say it."

Okay, with that in mind please try to understand what's so irritating to me here.  I don't agree with this article.  So fluffy and nice and combaya in front of the camp fire.  I know its an opinion, but I wonder if I'm not alone on this one.  I see their views as well, but that doesn't stop the irritation I feel for this kind of stuff.  I mean, cool and creative answer, but stop teasing.  Yes, she's probably not teasing on purpose, but to call that a perfect answer is just not true.  It's not even a real answer to a question at the QandA session.  I mean, that is what a QA is about, answering questions. 

Also, I get it, it's her choice if she wants to keep it a secret or don't want to talk about it.  And I'm sure some of the people here agrees with this article that it's such a great answer.  But, let me flip it around.  If you're so confident about you and who you are, then say it.  If someone asks me if I'm straight or not, I'd come out and say Straight.  If I were bi or gay, say it.  It's freeing to be so honest with yourself.  I have always been happy to be straight.  Live life and accept who you are. So, why was this such a perfect answer again?

This is my fault for reading a hellogiggles article.

Around the Network

I know right. It should be, "I love hearts, period." How can "Period." be a sentence? Because of this grammatical error, the statement is not perfect.

I know what you mean, but the whole "I love hearts" may be real. I for one date anyone regardless of genre. Maybe that places me as a bi, but you know what I mean... it's about freedom.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won