By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Rare is working on 2 games other than Sea of Thieves.

Tagged games:

If they make a new Banjo-Kazooie, they would probably need to reintroduce the characters and universe for a new generation. It's doable as long as they don't fuck it up. I really don't see them making Perfect Dark right now because MS already has Halo and markets a different FPS each year. Conker could work, but it's niche. Viva Pinata doesn't sell too well in North America. Maybe they're working on another new IP.

Around the Network

Even if a Banjo game is made, it won't be the same because some of the devs that made Banjo the game it was are now gone working on other projects that more closely resemble Banjo (i.e. Yooka Laylee). Be careful what you wish for...Nuts n Bolts...

Ljink96 said:
Even if a Banjo game is made, it won't be the same because some of the devs that made Banjo the game it was are now gone working on other projects that more closely resemble Banjo (i.e. Yooka Laylee). Be careful what you wish for...Nuts n Bolts...

The creator of Banjo is making Sea of Thieves, his brother is at Playtonics. That's it for high profile Rare workers.

Blob said:
BasilZero said:
Please one of them be Banjo Kazooie related....

Cant be. The Ip was sold back to Nintendo....  In my dreams....

Dead set Microsoft need to use the banjo Ip, it's been too long. I really hope one if rates games is a new banjo. 

I had the same dream - except Gruntilda was played by Alexandra Daddario  

@OP: very interesting news. I really don't know what to expect, if true. I think a smaller-scale project - like a sidescrolling Battletoads game - would make the most sense. I just don't know if Rare, as constituted, has the chops to do justice to Banjo or Conker. Perhaps a Kameo sequel? I know Microsoft scrapped that a while back, but maybe things have changed.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Blob said:

Cant be. The Ip was sold back to Nintendo....  In my dreams....

Dead set Microsoft need to use the banjo Ip, it's been too long. I really hope one if rates games is a new banjo. 

@OP: very interesting news. I really don't know what to expect, if true. I think a smaller-scale project - like a sidescrolling Battletoads game - would make the most sense. I just don't know if Rare, as constituted, has the chops to do justice to Banjo or Conker. Perhaps a Kameo sequel? I know Microsoft scrapped that a while back, but maybe things have changed.

You mean with the creator of Banjo in there?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think we've learned from Mighty No. 9 that having a creator isn't everything. That creator needs to be surrounded by a talented team of artists, programmers, designers, and producers.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Goatseye said:

I think we've learned from Mighty No. 9 that having a creator isn't everything. That creator needs to be surrounded by a talented team of artists, programmers, designers, and producers.

Mighty #9 was not made by Comcept, it was designed by them not developed.

Playtonics doesn't have everyone from old Rare. It's couple of designers and Grant Kirkhope.