By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Fans, are you excited about Halo Wars/Halo Chronicles?

I'm somewhat excited about Halo Wars.

Not because it's Halo, but because it's made by the same team (as far as I know) that mdae the Age of Empires/Mythology series. They are a VERY competent team that knows what they're doing.

So it could be a genre-defining game for the Console RTS genre.

Not only this, but RTS games on the Xbox 360 have done rather well - LOTR2BFME did fairly well, and C&C3 did as well....Making me wonder how well a Xbox 360-exclusive RTS will fare.

And I also wonder if such an RTS game, if good, will attract a better PC-style RTS crowd. I love seeing the 360 expand it's ever-diversifying library, and having alot of good RTSes is yet another genre I enjoy that the X360 now is preparing.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I think we're in for a god game, maybe black and white 3? Or a port of spore?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

mrstickball said:
I'm somewhat excited about Halo Wars.

Not because it's Halo, but because it's made by the same team (as far as I know) that mdae the Age of Empires/Mythology series. They are a VERY competent team that knows what they're doing.

So it could be a genre-defining game for the Console RTS genre.

Not only this, but RTS games on the Xbox 360 have done rather well - LOTR2BFME did fairly well, and C&C3 did as well....Making me wonder how well a Xbox 360-exclusive RTS will fare.

And I also wonder if such an RTS game, if good, will attract a better PC-style RTS crowd. I love seeing the 360 expand it's ever-diversifying library, and having alot of good RTSes is yet another genre I enjoy that the X360 now is preparing.

I was going to write a post but mrstickball you nailed it.

I have played command and conquer on 360, and the control's were reasonably decent, i think the same could be said for halo wars when i comes out. The name "Halo Wars" seems a little cliche' (that how you spell it?) though to me.............

I only use a mouse to play pc rts games, so it's been a mystery why game companies can't use just an extremely simple set up. Like "a" for drag and select and "b" to move your units.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Halo Wars will sell around 3 to 4 million copies. It has the Halo name on it. The Halo name sells extremely well on XBox consoles.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Halo Wars will sell around 3 to 4 million copies. It has the Halo name on it. The Halo name sells extremely well on XBox consoles.

I didn't notice.....

bump

I will probably get Halo Wars if for no other reason than to give me an RTS fix until Red Alert 3 comes out. I haven't heard anything about Halo Chronicles so I can't comment.

is halo wars gunna be a PC?