By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil VII's demo is up now!

How did you like the demo?

AWESOME! 26 38.24%

Good 6 8.82%

Meh 11 16.18%

Terrible 8 11.76%

I'm going to wait, but t... 17 25.00%

Total:68
BasilZero said:
Anfebious said:
They ruined Resident Evil. Why did you have to listen to the stupid critics Capcom?

I can't wait to see this game flop.

You wanted Survival horror!? Lets make the game First person horror so you can be afraid!

We'll call it Silen........Resident Evil Biohazard!

Capcom really outdid themselves this time. They are on a stupidity streak lately, stupid decisions one after the another.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Uabit said:
RE is dead.

Long live RE!

I am beginning to realize how divisive this community is when it comes to games. Which is natural I guess. but what I'm really talking about is how resistant a lot here seem to be towards anything different.

It's almost as if some people just want the same games made every single year with a new number on its back, then again I guess the same can be said about people like me who wants something different all the time. (it's why the only dark souls game I played was Demon Souls and Dark souls 1 bloodborne couldn't come soon enough)

I'm sorry. I didn't care that the series went away from tank controls and static cameras. But I don't want to play RE in First Person. I'm only gonna get it. If Capcom adds an option for 3rd person. Right now, I see the VR option as crippling the game. I was hoping, since this is the 20th anni. Capcom would of attempted to build a game that had both options. Freely swapping between original tank and 3rd person. They went in a totally different direction.

Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, everything that I've seen/read just makes this look really bad to me. Not even going to bother with the demo. Great for those that like PT or stuff like that I suppose, but that kind of stuff just isn't for me. I'd much rather play RE5 or 6 than something like that.

I didn't like RE6 but RE5 was awesome and I'm a bit sad they are movinga way from that. I don't enjoy games like The Evil Within and PT. They are to scary for me and I don't like the feeling of being scared when I'm just trying to relax and play games.

Anfebious said:
They ruined Resident Evil. Why did you have to listen to the stupid critics Capcom?

This is what people wanted so they are finally doing it. I can't blame them lets see how it does though.

method114 said:
Anfebious said:

This is what people wanted so they are finally doing it. I can't blame them lets see how it does though.

I don't think anybody asked for a Silent Hill feel or the game to be FPS.  What people wanted was to be scary like the original RE and have the same feel of it.  Apparently this doesn't feel/look like a RE game.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
method114 said:

I don't think anybody asked for a Silent Hill feel or the game to be FPS.  What people wanted was to be scary like the original RE and have the same feel of it.  Apparently this doesn't feel/look like a RE game.

It does feel and look like an RE game to me. Unless people wanted them to go back to the the old views they had in RE2 then there just stupid cause while that was cool at the time it's horrible now. I think it being FPS or third person matters very little at least to me it does. 

Minus the first person aspect Im loving everything so far. The action route was generic, cheezy and stale.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Eh, I guess I have to try it first, but I'm honestly not impressed with this new Resident Evil game. I hope it at least has ties to other games and things like such.

method114 said:
V-r0cK said:

It does feel and look like an RE game to me. Unless people wanted them to go back to the the old views they had in RE2 then there just stupid cause while that was cool at the time it's horrible now. I think it being FPS or third person matters very little at least to me it does. 

Well firstly, if it's not a TPS it already eliminated the RE feel.  From what I gathered from what fans been asking for is a gameplay similar to RE4-6 but with less action, have real zombies and in an environment settings like in RE1-3.

....at least that's what we're all imagining how the new RE2 remake will be.  Now im scared to know if the new RE2 remake will be like RE7 O_o

I'm working on a preview article for the site, so keep an eye out for that!