By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic Game of the Month, May 2016 Uncharted 4!

Around the end of every month/start of the next month, I make a thread conveying the best rated games on Metacritic. Minimum 10 critics, not including late ports (like Rise of The Tomb Raider on PC, for example), "definitive/complete/game of the year" editions, individual episodes of episodic games, DLC, or game collections. I do include remakes/remasters and complete collections of episodic games. For multiplats, I use the version with the most critics. In the event of a tie, I currently use the game with the most critics.

#. Game (Platform with most reviews, other platforms at initial launch)  Metascore, User score
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) 93, 7.9
2. Overwatch (PC,PS4,X1) 91, 7.2
3. Total War: Warhammer (PC) 86, 7.6
4. DOOM (PS4,X1,PC) 85, 8.2
5. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4) 85, 7.9
6. Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) 82, 7.9
7. Kathy Rain (PC) 78, 7.1
8. Lumo (PS4,PC) 75, ----
9. TASTEE: Lethal Tactics (PC) 74, 7.3
10. Ray Gigant (Vita) 72, 8.3
11. Battleborn (PS4,X1,PC) 70, 6,9
12. One Piece: Burning Blood (PS4,X1,Vita) 68, 8.1
13. Shadow of the Beast (PS4) 66, 7.6
14. MegaTagmension Blac + Neptune VS Zombies (Vita) 60, 7.5
15. Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4,PC) 56, 6.6
16. Homefront: The Revolution (PC,PS4,X1) 54, 3.3
17. Shadwen (PS4,PC) 51, 6.9
18. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4,X1,PS3,360,PC) 45, 5.5

History

Jan - The Witness (PS4,PC) 87, 6.7
Feb - XCOM 2 (PC) 88, 7.1
Mar - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) 86, 8.2
Apr - Dark Souls III (PS4,X1,PC) 89, 8.8
May - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) 93, 7.9

The first 90+(s) the year! Congrats to Uncharted and Overwatch. Poor Battleborn falls into obscurity. Homefront and TMNT bombed harder than they had any right to. Only a single Nintendo release :(

Thoughts?

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

I can say there were three happy surprises for me this month, though I haven't actually tried them personally yet. After the shitshows that were the previous Doom and Total War titles (you broke my heart Rome II, you done torn it out and stomped on it), I'm really happy to see they followed them up with some solid mid-80's scores that everyone seemed to love. Look forward to getting them.

Otherwise, my lifelong love (Blizzard) deliver the goods even when I expect them to fail. Definitely want to try Overwatch as well :)

Uncharted 4 is the first Sony exclusive this year (outside of the remastered drake collection) that I plan to get and am happy I have a PS4 to play it. In fact, going through my library, I think it's only the second Sony exclusive since I bought the system in December of 2013 that I had any interest in, the other being Bloodborne. I feel like that can't be right, but I'm looking at my games and I'm not seeing anything else... FFXV is coming soon though, so it'll be 3 :)

Oh cool! I didn't know you did this every month.

Here are my nominations so far:

January - n/a
February - n/a
March - Pokken Tournament (WiiU)
April - Severed (PSV)
May - Uncharted 4 (PS4)

No one could have predicted that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Johnw1104 said:

Uncharted 4 is the first Sony exclusive this year (outside of the remastered drake collection) that I plan to get and am happy I have a PS4 to play it. In fact, going through my library, I think it's only the second Sony exclusive since I bought the system in December of 2013 that I had any interest in, the other being Bloodborne. I feel like that can't be right, but I'm looking at my games and I'm not seeing anything else... FFXV is coming soon though, so it'll be 3 :)

FFXV isn't Sony exclusive btw :)

Veknoid_Outcast said:

January - n/a
February - n/a
April - Severed (PSV)
May - Uncharted 4 (PS4)

I should actually do a VGChartz Game of the Month thread once a month. I might start on that soon.

Mar1217 said:
Pocket Card Jockey is the real surprise.
Gamefreak isn't just about Pokemon, you know :P

I know. I got it, and I'm loving every minute. (Every minute that I don't get boned by RNG at any rate.)

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

Never knew Card Jockey scored so high o:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Slightly off-topic, but i wonder what single entry on Metacritic has the most reviews. Uncharted 2 and 4 are currently both sitting at 105, and i found Heavy Rain at 107 (which UC4 will probably be able to just about match/pass), but that's the highest I've found.

Megaoverlord12 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

January - n/a
February - n/a
April - Severed (PSV)
May - Uncharted 4 (PS4)

I should actually do a VGChartz Game of the Month thread once a month. I might start on that soon.

Do it! I'll totally support you. 

It would be a cool way to involve the community, and maybe it would inspire some folks to branch out of their comfort zones.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

It would be a cool way to involve the community, and maybe it would inspire some folks to branch out of their comfort zones.

Think I should start with the previous months this year, or start with May?

Megaoverlord12 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Think I should start with the previous months this year, or start with May?

Maybe start with May, and invite members to leave their January-April picks also? And then, moving forward, you can do one month at a time?